Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not sure what my weightloss goal should be.

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:05 AM
  • 10 Replies

I was 105 and then shot up to 180 almost overnight ( I got sick and went on meds that made me gain weight like no tomorrow but thats all cleared up now.) and now I weigh 145 as of this morning (YAY) but I am not at all happy here but not sure what I should weigh.   105 was obviously underweight and I dont be to be that skinny again at all.  DH thinks I look great but I am not happy with this lol.   Any ideas?   I'm 5'5 BTW. 

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
love741
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

sy, im not to sure, but your story sounds just like mine.

im at 140 now, and i'm hoping to be 120 by summer..., i think 120-125 is a perfect weight for that height....

good luck!

nlonnon
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:12 AM

You have to decide for yourself.  I'm 5'5" and I will never be 145 that's just how I'm built.  Maybe just try working on toning and see if that helps.  If not shed a few pounds and re-evaluate.

eema.gray
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't focus on a number.  I would focus on how I look in clothes, how I feel, and what I can do.

ambermario4ever
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:14 AM

You are actually at a normal weight for your height now so you don't really need to loose any weight. But if you are going to I would say no more than ten pounds.

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:37 AM

lose 5 lbs and see how you feel, if you want to go for more then go 5 more and see...

it's not ALL about a number either ; )

Stefanie83
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I'd just take it one day at a time.  Eat well, exercise, see how you feel :D  Congrats on your success so far :)

garrettleesmom
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Look at what your bmi should be for your height and then choose a number within that range. For my height 5 ' 2" i should be 101 to 136 i put my goal weight at 130.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I agree with eema.gray.. it's not all about a number. You are technically at a healthy weight for your height.You should be happy with your fitness level, your health, clothing etc...the overall picture involves so much more than the number on the scale. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:07 PM

I agree with these guys about not focusing on a number.  This might be a good time to make a fitness goal, and use that to get you to where you want to be.

I'm 5'4" with a muscular build, and my goal is 134, but really, I feel like at this point, I'm less concerned with the number, and feel like when I get down to where I feel comfortable in my skin (albeit loose skin, as I've already lost over 100 lbs, so it'll never be perfect), then I'll be "done".  No idea where that will be on the scale, but that's not important to me.  Being healthy and happy is what matters most!  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

itsm3
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:47 PM

don't worry about weight.... just think of what size you liked and aim for that (ie. size 4 or 6 or 8 pants etc).  i know my healthy size was a 2 or 4 so that's what i aimed for (i was a size 8/10 last year). 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)