Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

100 pound club *todays subject* whats a portion?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:22 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

The majority of us prob. don't know what an ACTUAL portion looks like. Otherwise, frankly speaking, we prob wouldn't have gotten so fat. Part of taking the steps to lose weight is figureing out what a healthy portion looks like. We have to remember healthy swaps, portion control, and exercise. Maybe some of these pictures will help you with portions, I know that they did for me

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dleon621
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:19 AM

omg I was thinking about that this weekend and thank you for sharing the information.Now I know what to do when I make a plate for myself!!Ive been doing pretty good.I did downsized my plate to a smallerone too.And realized Iam eating to be content not stuffed like before.

MissTacoBell
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:16 PM
I want a set of those plates. The last ones.

Thank you for sharing this!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Great info! Tfs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beauty91805
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Wow, I was just going to post some info on this! Lol

http://www.foodnetwork.com/healthy-eating/tips-for-portion-control/pictures/index.html
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Sparkle
by Sparkle on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Thanks gotta bookmark this one for sure!
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:59 PM

These are great!

Choosemyplate.gov is a great resource for this stuff!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Moma3boyz
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Thanks!
MaskedMomma
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I'm glad you gals are finding it helpful. don't forget to properly portion your kids plates too. We don't want them having the same struggle we are do we?

MaskedMomma
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:03 PM

do the bumpty bump

eema.gray
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:14 PM

For kids (and adults too, actually) a portion of protein is about the size of their fist.  I literally measured my kid's hands when I read that, LOL.  Shocked to realize that my 3 year old has been getting portions much larger than what she actually needs.  No wonder she was having trouble clearing her plate.

Quoting MaskedMomma:

I'm glad you gals are finding it helpful. don't forget to properly portion your kids plates too. We don't want them having the same struggle we are do we?

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)