Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well, that was embarrassing

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:32 AM
  • 6 Replies
So I decided to push through with my work out plans for today even though my youngest has croup and we had been up all night. I'm trying to hold myself to the no excuses motto.
I change, have the kids pick up the living room, and plug the dvd in. Immediately, all four kids are underfoot but I figure it won't hurt for them to watch me work to get healthy. Well, the boys kept jumping around me and then the baby wanted me to hold her. Sooooo, let's just say that I am not what anyone would call graceful on my best days. Without holding the baby, at the beginning, I looked like an ecstatic crane doing the steps. By the time I quit, holding the baby, I probably looked like an elephant with alcohol poisoning.
I am upset that I only got 30 minutes into a 45 minute dvd and that I had trouble with the moves even when I wasn't holding Nikki. On the plus side, I at least tried and worked up a good sweat. 8(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
evelynolivesmom
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I know what you mean. Yesterday dd (3) decided to watch me do my DVD (I'm super-graceful too) and everytime I was stepping on her, kicking her, pushing her. I felt terrible, but I was moving and sweating and that's all that matters!

It's very impressive that you would even try while holding a baby!

mem82
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this
LOL not so much impressive as necessary.

Quoting evelynolivesmom:

I know what you mean. Yesterday dd (3) decided to watch me do my DVD (I'm super-graceful too) and everytime I was stepping on her, kicking her, pushing her. I felt terrible, but I was moving and sweating and that's all that matters!

It's very impressive that you would even try while holding a baby!

aprilsalcro
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Oh mama i hate those days. I think that's going you be my day as well. The baby is throwing a fit as i type.... Can you try again when it's nap time or when the baby has settled down
mem82
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:57 AM
I don't think she is going to nap today unless I am holding her up right. But I am going to try the treadmill during snack time.
I hope your day goes better than mine!

Quoting aprilsalcro:

Oh mama i hate those days. I think that's going you be my day as well. The baby is throwing a fit as i type.... Can you try again when it's nap time or when the baby has settled down
Silvertears1275
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:36 AM
2 moms liked this

Hey, 30 minutes is better than 0 minutes.  =)  And I look like an elephant with alcohol poisoning on a good day working out.  LOL

Stefanie83
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't be disappointed!  It sounds like you did great.  I can't workout with my kids up, they just trip me up or climb on me lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)