Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling the burn - which is pain and which is burn?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:00 PM
  • 3 Replies

After being pregnant for the last 2 years and having 2 c-sections in the last year (12/9/11 and 12/4/12) I am going to try and get back into exercising and losing weight.  How do I know if the pain is just the burn from working out or if it is actual pain from c-sections or internally?  I know the workouts will hurt like hell but what is the limit to where I may think something is wrong?  I have been cleared by my OB as well to begin working out.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:52 PM

I'd ease back into the ab workouts, since it was still very recent, and while you're okay to exercise, you are still healing.  Incision pain is not normal post-workout.  The muscle underneath being sore is.  Have you worked out before this?  You get familiar with the soreness that comes with a good workout.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

imablowe
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:15 PM
I worked out years ago at least 4-5 years but about 2 years ago before I got pregnant with my 13 month old. I just tried to stay active just walking and biking, not actual workouts.
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Pain will make you stop and say "what the hell" but burn makes you say " when the !*#@ is this over???"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)