Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

motivation

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:53 PM
  • 4 Replies

For some reason i can not find the motivation to actually wake up earlier than i have to for a workout, even though i want to. My alarm clock rings and i actually look at it, i think about getting up but sleep wins every time! ugh I am annoyed at my lack of self discipline, i want to workout i just need motivation. how did you get yourself in the habit of being able to wake up early and workout? Motivate me please :)

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I try to remind myself how I'll feel later if I work out versus if I skip it.  There are still days that sleep wins, but I never regret getting up for a workout.  I get down on myself if I skip one.  Knowing that kicks my butt out of bed most days.  Try to get to bed a little earlier if possible, too.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

MamaKarrot
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Oh man, I am not a morning person.  The earliest I've ever been to the gym is 8:30am, and when I go back to work I will be going after work.  I've always wanted to be that person that can do the early AM workouts, but I'm just not lol.  I've come to terms with that.  

nlonnon
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:27 PM
I find it easier to do in the summer/spring. But in the winter heck no! I want to stay warm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QueenieAbby
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I think of my workouts as I would an important business meeting, doctor or dental appointment, etc.  Just remember that you are more important than anyone you would meet at any of those appointments, so make time for yourself.  wink

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)