Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shoes make all the difference!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:26 PM
  • 9 Replies

Yesterday I went for a 2 hour run to see if I could do a half marathon next month (I usually do 2+ hours on trails, but I do 1+ hour on roads, so I needed to test out my road abilities).  I was in shoes I just got a few runs ago, and halfway through, my knee started bothering me, then by the end, my foot.  Now I'm limping.

I did some research earlier this week, and realized I had purchased the wrong shoes for me (I was thinking of a different model, and felt stupid after I realized my mistake).  I thought I might make these work.  NO GO.

I'm heading to Fleet Feet today to get new shoes, and I need to take these back where I got them.  This sucks.

This pain isn't normal, and just reinforces how important shoes are in your running! 

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
choco_mom
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I totally agree.  I need new shoes so bad, I can tell because my knee is starting to hurt when I run and my feet ache.  I'll be getting them next week!!  Yah. Good luck with your new ones.

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Ooooh that sucks. I've had a few duds in the past and I always felt like someone kneecapped me by the end of my run... I never have issues with no shoes ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Stefanie83
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:19 PM

will they take those shoes back ? I hope so!!!!

MissTacoBell
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Do they fit your for proper shoes at fleet feet?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DissieDothe
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Stefanie83:

They don't take them back at the stores here unless they are brand new looking. They should take shoes back at those running stores and let someone else try them for a discount price. We would buy more shoes if they gave us some% back and/or rewards toward another pair. Tryng shoes that look like they have had one run isn't like buying used shoes.

Stefanie83
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:30 PM

that's a good idea.  I can't buy running shoes because of the cost but maybe if I could get a discount pair that had been worn once.... :)

Quoting DissieDothe:

Quoting Stefanie83:

They don't take them back at the stores here unless they are brand new looking. They should take shoes back at those running stores and let someone else try them for a discount price. We would buy more shoes if they gave us some% back and/or rewards toward another pair. Tryng shoes that look like they have had one run isn't like buying used shoes.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Thankfully, I bought then at Nordstrom, and they'll take back anything.  Unfortunately, they're an hour away, so I won't be able to get down there right away.

Quoting Stefanie83:

Suzanne

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Yes, they're awesome.  They also watch how you walk and run in the shoes you're trying on, and feel how they fit your feet.  I bought some Asics Nimbuses, which I've wanted for awhile and been balking at spending $140 on, but they already feel awesome.  I'm going to give them a test run tomorrow, but my foot is still too sore today (and I like to take a break after a long run).

Quoting MissTacoBell:

Do they fit your for proper shoes at fleet feet?

Suzanne

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting DissieDothe:

Quoting Stefanie83:

Road Runner Sports has a program like that at their San Diego HQ store.  They have all the returns at a discount, and in two categories (basically worn and worn in) at two prices you can pick through and buy for cheap.  So you can return them if they don't work out for you, and someone else can benefit from them without the store completely losing out.  REI does something similar with their Used Gear sales- all the stuff that's returned that still has some use to it is sold in a big parking lot sale at a steep discount.

Suzanne

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)