Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My deal with myself

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:57 PM
  • 4 Replies
I used to drink water all the time. For some reason lately I just havent been drinking as much as I should, just cant get myself to drink it. I'll drink coffee, or pepsi, or juice which all add to my calorie intake and hinder my weight loss progress. Today I decided I would get my one pepsi or coffee in the morning but after that if I wanted another one I had to drink all of the water in my 28 oz cup. Well, my 28 oz cup of water is gone and I don't crave that pepsi like I usually do at this time of day ( you know that 2 o'clock feeling ;-)). I'm taking this as a good sign for my future weight loss. If I can keep this up hopefully I will accomplish my goals quicker and get back into the habit of drinking water more regularly.
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Silvertears1275
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:08 PM

It's a tough transition... soda is so addictive!  But once you break the habit, water doesn't seem so difficult to drink.  In fact, when I drink something other than water, the aftertaste bugs me for a while.

MaskedMomma
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:08 PM

it takes 6 hours for it to go through your system. I BF my baby. if I drink a pop at2 shes getting that caffine at 8. do i really want her ready to stay awake at 8 when she goes to bed at 9? nope. I don't drink any caffine past 2pm, and I try to stay away from it in general. My SO recently quit caffine too...his insomnia dissapered, as did his inability to get comfortable and relax most nights. he still has a doc pepper with lunch sometimes, or on a particularly early morning.good job kicking the caffine after two.

MommyofSoso
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I breastfeed also but I havent notice it effecting his sleeping. He only has trouble falling asleep if daddy forgets to spend at least 10 minutes talking to him before he goes to bed. I never used to drink caffenated beverages so kicking it is really weird to me. I guess the easiest way is to just not buy anymore.
evelynolivesmom
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Drinks are my big problem, so I've allowed myself my morning coffee for sanity reasons and I'm sticking to green tea and water. It's been less then a week, but everyday is a little bit easier.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)