Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello, New here....

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:58 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hello, I'm Elizabeth and I'm 26.  I'm going to be back trying to loose weight again in a couple weeks.  This is my background..

I started off at 112 and able to eat anything and everything without gaining weight (I would eat out at Outback steakhouse 2x a week, buffalo wild wings another time that week with Mcdonals and Church's Chicken in between).  Yeah not healthy but I was in the army, single and didn't really care lol.  

Anyway when I was pregnant with my daughter I got up to 172 lbs.  I got on weight watchers right after I had her and lost about 45 lbs.  At one point I was between 119-121lbs.  Then I started traveling for work.  I am a surgical technologist and take short term assignments and travel around the country.  During this time I didn't own a scale and didn't really see I was gaining weight again.  When I bought a scale again I was 142lbs.   I am 5'3.5".  I know that isn't very overweight but I didn't want to gain more weight so I went on various diets (tried, weight watchers, wheat belly, etc).  I was running 20+ miles a week for 5 months before I started insanity.  I got 30 days into insanity before getting a kidney infection which put me out of doing insanity for over a week.  Then we moved and I lost one of the DVD's (which I still need to find or buy a replacement).  Anyway despite all of that exercise and dieting, over 8 months I only lost about 10lbs.  

All of this I have gained back, plus some, after our move.  I don't have a scale anymore but I'm guessing I'm about 145lbs.  I would like to start insanity over again but I can't find a diet that works.  I did the insanity meal program when I was doing insanity, but I wasn't really loosing weight (but I was gaining muscle so I probably did loose some fat).  I'm thinking of trying shakeology as well when I do insanity this next time.  

I am not going to start my new diet/exercise regiment until after the 27th.  We are going on our honeymoon to Vegas from the 18-26...and yeah I'm not going to start a diet before our honeymoon.  My husband leaves for army training in February and will be gone until August so I will have some time to get down to what I want.  My ultimate goal is 118-120 range.  If I look good though and have toned muscle then I would be fine if the lbs were a little more.  I'm getting depressed because I feel fat and can't wait to look and feel better.  

Any tips? Diets that help well?  I'm also going to buy the bodymedia fit as well as an extra motivator.  

Follow me on my "Insanity" journey: http://mom2olivia08.blogspot.com/

Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician (car seat tech) Ask me a question!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MamaKarrot
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Welcome to the group! I have never followed a diet, I just log my calories on myfitnesspal.com. :)

QueenieAbby
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Welcome to the group, Elizabeth.  You are not far off the mark, and you can lose the weight without much trouble.  My biggest recommendation is to give up any pre-packaged, processed, and refined foods you may have in your diet. Instead, opt for natural foods. Make sure all meals and snacks are balanced with a protein, carb (mostly veggie), and essential fat. Skip starchy carbs except twice per week after a strenuous workout. wink

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Welcome, Elizabeth!  I'm a vet, too! (Navy) =)

I would recommend staying away from Shakeology or any other meal replacement system, because if you want to lose the weight and KEEP it off, you need to make permanent changes.  I've lost my weight by eating clean.  Sticking to those principles makes a big difference in how I feel, and how my workouts go. 

I have a journal with some general weight loss tips here

Good luck!  Insanity is a great way to go for those workouts!  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

armygirl16
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:06 PM
I was eating good before though and it didn't work. I would like to try something different. I don't even eat breakfast now, so I may make it my breakfast meal

Quoting musicpisces:

Welcome, Elizabeth!  I'm a vet, too! (Navy) =)

I would recommend staying away from Shakeology or any other meal replacement system, because if you want to lose the weight and KEEP it off, you need to make permanent changes.  I've lost my weight by eating clean.  Sticking to those principles makes a big difference in how I feel, and how my workouts go. 

I have a journal with some general weight loss tips here

Good luck!  Insanity is a great way to go for those workouts!  =)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Welcome!  I would focus on eating veggies, fruits, whole grains, and lean protein.  Little to no processed food and LOTS of water!

armygirl16
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:11 PM

I'm planning on it after my hubby ships out to basic.  Although it didn't help me much before to loose weight.  The most recent time I was on weight watchers I was eating very well, lots of veggies, fruits, lean meats etc. And I lost a couple lbs in a couple months.  I was combining that with 20+ miles a week in running, so I really should have lost more weight.  

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Welcome!  I would focus on eating veggies, fruits, whole grains, and lean protein.  Little to no processed food and LOTS of water!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:48 PM

You also want to make sure you're eating enough food too.  If you're exercising that much, you may not have been eating enough.

Quoting armygirl16:

I'm planning on it after my hubby ships out to basic.  Although it didn't help me much before to loose weight.  The most recent time I was on weight watchers I was eating very well, lots of veggies, fruits, lean meats etc. And I lost a couple lbs in a couple months.  I was combining that with 20+ miles a week in running, so I really should have lost more weight.  

Quoting darbyakeep45:

armygirl16
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:05 PM

I was eating about 2000 calories a day (I think).  I know when I was doing insanity I was eating 5 meals a day (small meals), that program did help me build muscle.  I really need to get a new DVD to replace the one I lost so I can start that one over again.  I won't be able to run much after hubby leaves because I can't leave my daughter alone.  Unless my sister (who will be my live in nanny/dogsitter) will be wiling to watch her....not a guarantee though.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

You also want to make sure you're eating enough food too.  If you're exercising that much, you may not have been eating enough.

Quoting armygirl16:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I understand mama:)  My hubby is active duty military and gone a lot too!  Hugs!

Quoting armygirl16:

I was eating about 2000 calories a day (I think).  I know when I was doing insanity I was eating 5 meals a day (small meals), that program did help me build muscle.  I really need to get a new DVD to replace the one I lost so I can start that one over again.  I won't be able to run much after hubby leaves because I can't leave my daughter alone.  Unless my sister (who will be my live in nanny/dogsitter) will be wiling to watch her....not a guarantee though.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting armygirl16:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)