Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ever have a workout where you just were not "feeling it"?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:48 PM
  • 10 Replies
This morning I woke up excited for my workout after work. By this afternoon the rain became very heavy and very chilly. By the time I picked up my son, checked the mail, and got home to change clothes, I was really starting to second guess my decision to go. I decided that once I got to working out, I would be fine and actually enjoy it. Today was my official weigh in day so I decided to go ahead. I weighed in and I weighed 2 lbs heavier than I did yesterday (I know, I know, weight fluctuates). I did offically reach my first goal though. Anyways, I went upstairs to the fitness room it was extremely crowded. I finally got on a treadmill and decided I would just walk my 3.1 miles today instead of running. My earbuds kept falling out and the commercials of fast food was getting on my nerves (first time I watched tv while working out). After the first mile I just wasn't feeling it so I decided to leave. Grr, I hate the rain!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
XoiyaCreations
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:49 PM

yeap everyday i feel that way.  thats why i usually dont them.  but i do squeeze in a few squats and leg lifts here and there.  and sometimes wall pushups (these are my favorite due to the fact that i dont have to lay on the floor :D).

QueenieAbby
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Sounds like the good ole hormones!  I usually feel that way right around TOM and ovulation.  The scale also goes up a pound or two during those times.  Don't beat yourself up.  Just get through it, and you will feel motivated hopefully tomorrow.  wink

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Absolutely. I am so stubborn I workout anyway and then halfway through I dont feel any better and feel like I proved to myself how right I was about not wanting to do it. A touch insane.
Lindsey1126
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:05 PM
I had the same problems today and Callanetics class was painful!
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:06 PM

I totally have those days, too.  I do everything in my power to push through.  I never regret a workout!

Part of the reason I try to work out first thing is that too much else can interfere, and I'm starting fresh first thing.  Then it's done and over with.

Yesterday it was tough to get out the door, because I wanted to do my 2 hour run, but it was 24 degrees out, and REFUSED to warm up.  I finally pushed myself out an hour after I'd planned to go, and I'm glad I did.  Within about 20 minutes I found my groove, and ended up adding a little more than I'd planned!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

justinnaimee
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Often. I have to work with my trainer or go to a class to really stick through a workout usually.
armygirl16
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Yeah, I had a running goal I was really aiming for and I signed up for various 5k races to keep me in check. I hate treadmills though. I prefer the road, and I have to change my route often to keep it interesting.
When I was doing insanity there were days I did NOT want to do it at all. But I was determined to follow the plan exactly, and I did until my kidney infection,
tiffany011309
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:09 AM
I have many of those days.. today included.. I was just going to NOT do it and use the excuse that I needed to spend time with my husband.. but then he fell asleep on me at 8 so I figured that was the universe's way of telling me to get off me ass and do it... My husband woke up as soon as I finished my work out no joke so I guess it was just meant to be! And at least you went, something is better than nothing at all!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:26 AM

I know how you feel mama...it's hard but glad you did something anyway!  Hugs!

MamaKarrot
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I do have days like that.  I at least make an effort, but there have been a few body pump classes I've gone to where I've had to lower my weight quite a bit and barely made it through.  Just wasn't my day I guess.  It passes.  At least you still tried to go. :)  Any other time I'm like "blehhhh" but then I go and feel awesome, but a few times, no.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)