Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MFP ?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:16 PM
  • 15 Replies
On my fitness pal my goal calories is 1500. I have my fit bit is linked to it. I have ate 1350 calories today and it says I burned -464 with a net of 886. Am I supposed to eat those back and have a net of 1500? I was just wondering because I have followed this for 2 weeks and not lost weight. Could I not be eating enough? All the exercise I am doing right now is just some normal daily walking.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momkaribg
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Bump!!
iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Yes. You need to eat more. I believe you want to aim for a deficit of 200-300 calories per day....Depending on your goals! I'm no expert lol but you for sure could eat more.
momkaribg
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:36 PM
So my net calories needs to be 1200? Or 1500? Sorry I'm just kinda confused

Quoting iamcafemom83:

Yes. You need to eat more. I believe you want to aim for a deficit of 200-300 calories per day....Depending on your goals! I'm no expert lol but you for sure could eat more.
iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:40 PM
You can net your calories, you just don't want to go over. When you're eating as few as 1500, I would for sure try and net them.
momkaribg
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok thank you

Quoting iamcafemom83:

You can net your calories, you just don't want to go over. When you're eating as few as 1500, I would for sure try and net them.
sybanshee
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:43 PM
I don't think you're supposed to eat all your exercise calories, and the fitbit gives you an excessive amount...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momkaribg
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:09 AM
I didn't know the fit bit gives an excessive amount. Like how bad does it miss calculate?

Quoting sybanshee:

I don't think you're supposed to eat all your exercise calories, and the fitbit gives you an excessive amount...
wahmx3
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I don't have a fitbit but I do use MFP. Is 1500 calories what mfp gave you or did you change it manually? You should never eat below your BMR and if 1500 is what you were given, you need to start eating more since it already has your deficit built in.

sybanshee
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I'm not sure how much exactly, but when i walked the other day on the treadmill it gave me 400 some calories, and MFP only said 260.

Quoting momkaribg:

I didn't know the fit bit gives an excessive amount. Like how bad does it miss calculate?

Quoting sybanshee:

momkaribg
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:30 PM
No MFP gave me 1200 but I had someone do my BMR and they told me to eat 1755. So should I change it to 1755? I don't think I have been eating enough just because I have felt worse since dieting than I did before.

Quoting wahmx3:

I don't have a fitbit but I do use MFP. Is 1500 calories what mfp gave you or did you change it manually? You should never eat below your BMR and if 1500 is what you were given, you need to start eating more since it already has your deficit built in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)