Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

zumba

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:38 PM
  • 10 Replies
I had zumba when it first came out on wii but when we seperated I left it with the wii and him. I just got it for kinect the rush version and I absolutely love it!!! Doesn't even feel like exercise which is the best kind of exercise. Anyone else do zumba rush?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hira12
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:41 PM

I have wii just for Zumba ...love it :)

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:05 PM

I've never tried Zumba, but my sister loves it.  At the chiropractor yesterday, I was reading Inc Magazine, and I saw that they named Zumba Fitness the company of the year. thought that was interesting!

simplyus642
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:16 PM

I do Zumba and I am down 12lbs since the middle of Dec. =) I just started running on my treadmill last week, too. But I have always loved to dance and have always had the want to run. It is awesome being able to run past 15 seconds. lol I ran 8 mins 4 days ago, which my goal was 2 mins. I just kept going and I felt amazing afterwards. Today I only made it 5 mins. I have got to practice my breathing but Zumba helped me for the most part. I would have never made it past 15 seconds if it wasn't for Zumba.

mommajenn4684
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Today my legs are killing me from zumba. I have a treadmill andI should start using it again. I also walk to or from work on nice days its about 2 miles. I alsi have a trail really close to my house so spribg through fall I do that too.

Quoting simplyus642:

I do Zumba and I am down 12lbs since the middle of Dec. =) I just started running on my treadmill last week, too. But I have always loved to dance and have always had the want to run. It is awesome being able to run past 15 seconds. lol I ran 8 mins 4 days ago, which my goal was 2 mins. I just kept going and I felt amazing afterwards. Today I only made it 5 mins. I have got to practice my breathing but Zumba helped me for the most part. I would have never made it past 15 seconds if it wasn't for Zumba.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jeepninja
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Great job!

Quoting simplyus642:

flowrsgalore
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:39 PM

I go to a zumba class once  a week, love it.  friends have been raving about kinect & I've considered buying one. Zumba would be a difinite buy for me if I pull the trigger on the kinect.  Is the music current? Do you like the songs?

simplyus642
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:40 PM

My shins hurt. I thought it was from doing the Gangname Style dance all day long with no shoes on concrete floors but that was a month ago. My legs still hurt but not as bad. They do bother me when I am running but they don't when I dance only afterwards. Unless it's a dance with a lot of hop.

Quoting mommajenn4684:

Today my legs are killing me from zumba. I have a treadmill andI should start using it again. I also walk to or from work on nice days its about 2 miles. I alsi have a trail really close to my house so spribg through fall I do that too.

Quoting simplyus642:

simplyus642
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Quoting flowrsgalore:

I go to a zumba class once  a week, love it.  friends have been raving about kinect & I've considered buying one. Zumba would be a difinite buy for me if I pull the trigger on the kinect.  Is the music current? Do you like the songs?

I don't really know any of the songs but I listen to more of Avenged Sevenfold to Rammstein. I think the songs on the version of Zumba I have are fine, though. I like dancing to them. 

Codysmom2106
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:13 PM

I have the first and second Zumba for the wii. I like the second one better. I've only been doing it for a few weeks but between that and my jm videos I am down 9 lbs. 

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I don't do the games- or dvd's but I do classes I do it 5-6 days a week 1-2 hours

LOVE it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)