Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Cheryl's Getting Fit for Forty Journal

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:58 AM
  • 71 Replies

I've been focusing on my weight off and on for years. A few months ago I joined a great gym and started taking Zumba and some other boot camp style classes. Problem is I was not focusing on what I was eating until now. A little about me. .. I am married to a wonderful man Chris for 6 years this past October. We have a little boy Nathan who is 4 and is in pre k. I work full time at our local 911 center and have an odd work schedule 6am to 6pm 2 days on and 2 days off at a time. I gave joined my fitness pal and I'm trying to focus more on my eating so I can get this weight off once and for all. I started at 210 I'm currently say 201.5 and I'm frustrated because 3 days ago I was 201.0 and I have done really good with my water my exercise and my eating. Where did this half pound come from... ugh. So this is why I decided to start a journal. Hopefully someone will notice if I'm doing something wrong and give me some advice. Thanks for reading

Cheryl
married to Chris 10/18/06
mother to Nathan 6/21/08

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cherylmoore
by Cheryl on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Today was a work day so up at 5am. No coffee as I still have 2 days on the the a week and drink only water challenge. Zuma after work. Breakfast at 0530 was a smoothie strawberry and banana. Then oatmeal at 0800, snack small apple and peanut butter. Lunch Japanese steak and shrimp NO RICE had carrots broccoli mushrooms and zucchini. After Zumba pepperoni slices and cheddar. 120 oz water
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Silvertears1275
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Sounds like you're doing great!  I know it's frustrating when the scale goes up and not down, but half a pound could just be a normal fluctuation.  Good luck!

cherylmoore
by Cheryl on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:36 AM
Feeling especially tired this morning. But its my last day on the water challenge. I can do this
cherylmoore
by Cheryl on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Up that half pound again this morning. Ugh. 201.5 I'm sick of you. I want to see a number starting with a 1 soooo badly.  Yesterday I ate strawberry banana smoothie made with 1 scoop protein powder and 8 oz 1% milk at 0530 then 1 pack instant Quaker oatmeal apple cinnamon flavor at 0900. Zaxbys buffalo blue Zalad with 1 slice of their yummy Texas toast and ranch dressing for lunch at 1200.  No workout today. Dinner time I just wasn't hungry I guess from that big lunch so I had 2 oz cheddar and 14 slices pepperoni.  That was about 630pm. Then at 8pm I had a smoothie made with frozen strawberries and bananas and half a can of diet Sierra mist. According to my fitness pal this all added up to 1500 calories which is over my goal of 1250.  However, I found out here in this group that I need to be doing about 1600 cal a day so I guess I was on target after all and didn't know it. I did not get all my water in yesterday. Only 80 oz and I'm trying to get 100 every day.  Yesterday was the last day of my water challenge so I get to drink coffee again today which I am doing now as I the this.  Just frustrated about this half pound that keeps going back and forth all week. Need to get it off once and for all.  Will be hitting the gym twice today if at all possible since I don't have to work today. Thanks for reading

cherylmoore
by Cheryl on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:10 AM

200.5 this morning...  Thanks goodness it wasn't 201 or 201.5 again...  I might have screamed...  Did not get all my water in yesterday, did get 80 oz but my goal is 100...  Strawberry banana protein shake yesterday for breakfast, then 1 hour on treadmill...  Cleaned my kitchen and den then pepperoni slices and cheddar at lunch time...  Kept it light preparing for dinner date with dh...  Chili's...  2 southwestern egg rolls, side salad with honey mustard, 6oz sirloin and sweet potato fries...  1000 calories at dinner, wow...  But I had allowed for it earlier in the day so I feel good about it...  Thanks for reading

cherylmoore
by Cheryl on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:10 AM
200.5 again thank goodness. First was 201.0 but I went potty and tried again. LOL. gym class was 1/2 hour Zumba and 1/2 hour body sculpt. Only got 80 oz water in got to get better with that. 2 boiled eggs and 5 slices bacon for breakfast. Then strawberry banana smoothie after gym class. Turkey roast beef sub on wheat for lunch. Was not hungry at dinner time so I had a bowl of KashI cereal. Snack was grapes, cheese its. Oh yeah and a little Debbie cake, almost forgot about that.
cherylmoore
by Cheryl on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:57 AM
OMG 201.5 ok I made a fool out of myself last night eating home made tacos. I counted them on mfp as 2 taco bell tacos but looked at the label on the ground beef and it's 340 cal in 4 oz. OMG. Smoothie for breakfast and snacks all day leaving 500 cal for dinner but obviously that was poor planning. Only exercise I got was 10 min zumba at home from a video. So I gates I'll count yesterday as a bomb. I'll do better today. Not giving up
cherylmoore
by Cheryl on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:04 AM
201.0 ok so its down from yesterday but I'm just so ready to be out of the 200s. I did so good yesterday too. Smoothie for breakfast at 0530 then oatmeal at 0900. Chef salad with ranch (yes full fat ranch) for lunch. Snacks were turkey pepperoni, block cheddar, 100cal pack choc pretzels. No dinner sure to gym after work but I had my snack before. Oh I also had a Krispy kreme last night before bed. Thanks DH. ok so I didn't do as good as I thought I did. But I stayed in my calorie range. Did an hour of body sculpt at the gym after work and got all my water in, all 100 oz
beliteWeight
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:09 AM

That's quiet interesting to see that your fitness pal is working good for you and giving you the motivation that you need for maintaining your consistency of work out.  Starting a journal is something best you are doing for the fitness seekers and i welcome your initiative.

cherylmoore
by Cheryl on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:45 AM
200.0 yay ! First time I've seen that number in a while. Lets hope I don't go back and fourth like I did with 201. Only got 70oz water yesterday and my goal is 100. I will do better today as I have an hour on treadmill this morning then Zumba tonight. I started under my calorie goal, barely
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)