Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Loose skin VIDEO (more than 100 lost)

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:12 PM
  • 16 Replies

(THIS IS NOT ME)

I wanted to share this video because I know a lot of people with more than a couple pounds to lose worry a lot about this.  IMO the skin thing is mostly luck/genetics/age so this girl has age on her side!  But I was obese for most of 10 years and my skin is better than in her first video and I think a little worse than in the update video.

This girl has other videos on eating to lose weight, motivation, etc! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmVkanrHRko

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwVUiRSz-fU

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HannahLee87
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:22 PM
I lost 137lbs...I wish my loose skin looked like hers lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:22 PM
I worry about this. I do have quite a bit of loose skin on my belly left over from 4 pregnancies. My skin sags over my hips. I worry how much worse it will be if I loose 60 lbs this year. My son was born 11 months ago and at that time I weighed 240 or so. I now weight 198. I can see that the sagging skin is shrinking a bit but I know I will always have at least some sagging skin. I even looked into tummy tucks but they Ick me out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wittyscreenname
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:13 PM

I worry about that as well, because my overall goal is to lose 156#. But at the end of the day, if I can say "hey, look at me, I lost xxx amount of weight" that's what's important. I don't think I'd be able to afford the surgery to have it removed, so I might look into other ways of doing it.

lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:19 PM
I've always said if I ever lose a lot of weight. I need to....I've just never made that real step....that I'll have surgery to remove excess skin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aprilsalcro
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Yea mine looks nothing like that. But I'm only 5feet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Silvertears1275
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:24 PM
2 moms liked this

I am sure I will have loose skin and being 37 already, I'm sure it won't look like hers.  But this is how I feel about it... right now, I don't want people to see me with my clothes off.  Right now, I don't even feel all that comfortable with people seeing me with my clothes on.  Maybe when the weight is gone, I still won't feel comfortable showing my body, but I'll feel so much better about how I look with clothes on.  Maybe I'll care more about it when it happens....

Samantha_1629
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:42 PM

I'm terrified of having loose skin. I have 80 pounds to lose and most of it is in my stomach area. I know I will end up having loose skin and I hate it so much. Hopefully it won't be too bad. It scares me to think that I'll go through this whole process of losing weight only to be unhappy with myself afterward. But I'm not gonna let it stop me because there's a chance that I might not end up with a lot of lose skin. And there's only one way for me to find out. Lol, and that's to just lose the weight.

WandaSue
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:50 PM

same for me

Quoting norahsmommy:

I worry about this. I do have quite a bit of loose skin on my belly left over from 4 pregnancies. My skin sags over my hips. I worry how much worse it will be if I loose 60 lbs this year. My son was born 11 months ago and at that time I weighed 240 or so. I now weight 198. I can see that the sagging skin is shrinking a bit but I know I will always have at least some sagging skin. I even looked into tummy tucks but they Ick me out.

Lindsey1126
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:30 PM
I wish I could get a tummy tuck too
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lindsey1126
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:31 PM
I thought you could do exercises to get rid of that somehow
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN