Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New year. New me. Excited for the change.

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:27 PM
  • 7 Replies
Hello. My name is Desiree and I am 23 years old. I have 2 kids - a 4 year old daughter and a 6 month old son and I am just ready for a new me. I feel like my body is older than what it actually is and I know that is deff not a good sign. I am not happy when I look in the mirror and its time to change that! My plan is to look FABULOUS by summer but know not to set unrealistic goals. I just want to be a better me.

I have cut out soda, juice, etc and only drink water.

I am counting calories using My Fitness Pal. MFP calculated the amount of calories that I need at 1200. But after browsing this group, I take it that is not correct information? How can I calculate the correct amount? Also, does anybody use MFP? I can use the motivation.

I am aiming to exercise once a day but I am happy with at least 5 times a week. Now, i know that cardio is important each time you exercise but how long is one supose to exercise for each time? 30 minn? An hr? Also, what is the best method for exercising? Focus on one area each time? (One day, cardio and arms. Next day cardio and legs, next cardio and butt, etc) or is it best to encoorporate different exercises for the different parts of your body each time you exercise? What is the best and most effective way?

My trouble zones are my arms and mid section but am deff going to work my entire body.

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Welcome :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Welcome and bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funhappymom
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Welcome. I just started exercising again.

I'm using Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and want to use the couch to 5k app to work on running. I really like JM and used the DVD a couple years ago and lost 25 lbs in about 3 months-mostly because I cut out a lot of junk and empty calories-sodas along with exercising. Unfortunately, I ended up getting pregnant and miscarrying and stopped using it but now I MUST start up again.

I think for exercise you should just start out with something you enjoy doing and add in other stuff as you go.

I'm sorry I can't help you with the calorie count. I use the lose it app when I want to count calories.

cherylmoore
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:12 AM
I use mfp. My user name is cherylmoore. I just started back on it about a week ago. I go to a bootcamp class at my gym and also Zumba. I take a rest day about twice a week. On the days we don't have class I do c25k on treadmill
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
QueenieAbby
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Welcome to the group!  As far as how many days per week on working out --> focus on full body workouts 3 times per week if you want to lose the maximum amount of body fat.  As for the the amount of time, that all depends on your intensity.  If you're doing great intensity, 30-45 minutes should be just fine. On other days, you can incorporate some cardio only workouts for about 30-45 minutes.  Make sure you get in at least one day of rest per week, though it can be an "active" rest... like taking a walk, etc.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Welcome, Desiree!  We can help you calculate your calories, if you'll post your height, weight, age, and how much you work out.  Let me know if you're nursing as well.

For exercise, first, start where you are.  If you can handle an hour of cardio, go for it, but listen to your body if it starts revolting.  For strength, I'd say it depends on how often you're doing it, but you should definitely focus on certain areas when you do it.  There should be at least 48 hours between workouts on the same muscle group. 

Good luck achieving your goals!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Welcome Desiree!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)