Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Welcome to Healthy Weight Loss! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Healthy Weight Loss group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Healthy Weight Loss!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Replies (111-120):
celena.vincent
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi everyone!!! My name is Celena, I'm 29 and a SAHM of 4 kiddos! I'm joining this group because it would be really nice to have a support system!! I do workout, I do crossfit (which is sooooooooo addicting! And, fun!!) and eat pretty well... sometimes I get a lil slack on eating right.. ugh... lol. 'I have always lost the weight after each of my kiddos and this time it seems harder grrrrr... I've lost 15 lbs so far and still need to lose another 20 to 25 lbs!!!

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Welcome to the group Celena. I honestly believe that having a support system in place during your weight loss journey makes a significant difference.

Quoting celena.vincent:

Hi everyone!!! My name is Celena, I'm 29 and a SAHM of 4 kiddos! I'm joining this group because it would be really nice to have a support system!! I do workout, I do crossfit (which is sooooooooo addicting! And, fun!!) and eat pretty well... sometimes I get a lil slack on eating right.. ugh... lol. 'I have always lost the weight after each of my kiddos and this time it seems harder grrrrr... I've lost 15 lbs so far and still need to lose another 20 to 25 lbs!!!

saco27
by New Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi! My name is Sarah. I turned 38 in February...yikes! ;) I have 2 girls-Abby is 5 and Isabella just turned 1. I need to lose about 60 lbs...which seems so daunting. I haven't been happy with my body for YEARS. But more than that, I need to get myself healthy for myself and my family. My husband and I have been in a stressful living situation for over a year-with my folks. And because of it, have both fallen into a depression. We are both junkfood junkies. For me, its chocolate, for him, its salty snacks. But we're both at the heaviest we've ever been. I'm hoping to find friends, motivation and support in this group!

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Welcome to the group Sarah. You have found the right place to for motivation and support. Feel free to jump right in.

Quoting saco27:

Hi! My name is Sarah. I turned 38 in February...yikes! ;) I have 2 girls-Abby is 5 and Isabella just turned 1. I need to lose about 60 lbs...which seems so daunting. I haven't been happy with my body for YEARS. But more than that, I need to get myself healthy for myself and my family. My husband and I have been in a stressful living situation for over a year-with my folks. And because of it, have both fallen into a depression. We are both junkfood junkies. For me, its chocolate, for him, its salty snacks. But we're both at the heaviest we've ever been. I'm hoping to find friends, motivation and support in this group!

stwolak
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

love you signHello everyone, my name is Tina and I am 34 years old.  This December I will be celebrating my 10 year anniversary and going to spend a week in Jamacia to celebrate. I want to look decent and feel better about myself when we go on this vacation.  I have 2 young girls who mean the world to me.  I want to be able to play with them, and not watch from the side.  Those are my 2 BIGGEST motivators to change my lifestyle!

Lavi01
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi everyone! My name is Lavi & I live in Houston TX. I'm 29, sahm & baker. I love trying new recipes & ingredients, and I'm vegetarian (trying to be vegan), although I still cook meat for hubby :). I'm looking to get back to prebaby weight (15-20ibs) by end of May. I know the culprit is desserts (since I bake constantly!!) and I'm looking to start an exercise regime - hopefully with a partner. I have 2 boys - 4yrs & 2 mos!

Lavi01
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:24 AM

You can do it! Just believe in yourself. That's the first step,

Quoting stwolak:

love you signHello everyone, my name is Tina and I am 34 years old.  This December I will be celebrating my 10 year anniversary and going to spend a week in Jamacia to celebrate. I want to look decent and feel better about myself when we go on this vacation.  I have 2 young girls who mean the world to me.  I want to be able to play with them, and not watch from the side.  Those are my 2 BIGGEST motivators to change my lifestyle!

Lavi01
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Hi Susan,

Welcome! I find myself looking at recipe sites for dinner. You can start by making lighter/healthier versions of the food you love & eat a salad (to fill up) before eating dinner. Also cut down on oil (meat makes its own oil; you can sauté veggies in water).

Good luck!

Quoting SusanArlene:

My name is Susan. I joined this group because I need motivation. I was just put on high blood pressure pills due to my weight. I want to get off them! I also need help with meal planning. I can't seem to get away from the old-fashioned meat-and-potato diet. It's what I grew up with, and it's all I know how to do.

Lavi01
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Hi Melissa,

I know what you mean about being relatively fit, yet overeating & binge eating. I was definitely like that (till I became a vegetarian - around the same time I got pregnant). I think it was because I mostly ate healthy so I felt like I could over indulge when I wanted to, maybe....

Quoting melner18:

My name is Melissa. I am a 31-year-old SAHM. I have two kiddos - a 6-year-old son and an almost 2-year-old daughter. I am married and we live in Fayetteville, Arkansas. 

I am relatively fit, but struggle with overeating and binge eating - sortove an oxymoron. 

I recently started back up with Bodyflow and Barre classes and I am hoping to tone my body and get stronger. 

I don't need to lose weight at this point in time - although I would like to lose maybe 5 pounds.

Overall, I just want to maintain a healthy weight and stay fit. I know this group is more about weight loss, but I think it is still a group that I can relate to.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Welcome to the group Lavi!

Sweets and desserts are my downfall too. I love to bake, as a hobby or fun time with my son. I need to find away to incorporate baking with healthy options.

Quoting Lavi01:

Hi everyone! My name is Lavi & I live in Houston TX. I'm 29, sahm & baker. I love trying new recipes & ingredients, and I'm vegetarian (trying to be vegan), although I still cook meat for hubby :). I'm looking to get back to prebaby weight (15-20ibs) by end of May. I know the culprit is desserts (since I bake constantly!!) and I'm looking to start an exercise regime - hopefully with a partner. I have 2 boys - 4yrs & 2 mos!

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)