Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Welcome to Healthy Weight Loss! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Healthy Weight Loss group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Healthy Weight Loss!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Replies (31-40):
EricaG87
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi my name is Erica and I'm here for some support on losing about 25 lbs. Right now I am 140 (oops mistyped!) 150 lbs and 5'4" and this is a pic of me at this weight

Right now I just feel like food is an enemy. I don't feel like eating anything because last night my fiance told me that I have gotten "out of shape" and "flabby". It really hurt my feelings :( He admits that he has gotten "out of shape and flabby" too but still to hear that really just killed my self esteem. I just don't feel like eating anything at all. The thing is, I weighed more than this when he and I got together and the lowest I have weighed since being with him is like 147... I'm just confused and sad right now..

Getinspired8
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi my name is Crystal and I have 6 children. I started this journey last feb. went from 168 to 147 and kind of ...well.... Stopped committing to a healthier life. Well I'm still at 147 I want to loose another 20#. Just started again this last week.
chevoya09
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi my name is Joya, I'm 26, and I have a daughter who is almost 5. I started the HCG diet 21 days ago and have lost 21 pounds :)

Reina13
by Reina on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:59 AM

congratulations on the first part of your weight loss. This group is really great so Im sure you will find the advice and motivation to help you the rest of the way here.

Quoting Getinspired8:

Hi my name is Crystal and I have 6 children. I started this journey last feb. went from 168 to 147 and kind of ...well.... Stopped committing to a healthier life. Well I'm still at 147 I want to loose another 20#. Just started again this last week.

ashers_mommy99
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:01 PM

My name is Rachel and I live in Olympia, WA. I joined this group because I'm interested in the topics that are discussed. I don't need to necessarily lose any more weight but I love healthy living and would like to learn how to be healthier.

ashers_mommy99
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Hi Erica, I'm so sorry he said that to you. That would be so hurtful. I think you look great, not flabby at all. Feeling good about yourself is so important to being happy. I hope you can feel good about yourself and your body as you begin your journey towards a healthier lifestyle. Good luck with your weight-loss goals.

Quoting EricaG87:

Hi my name is Erica and I'm here for some support on losing about 25 lbs. Right now I am 140 lbs and 5'4" and this is a pic of me at this weight

Right now I just feel like food is an enemy. I don't feel like eating anything because last night my fiance told me that I have gotten "out of shape" and "flabby". It really hurt my feelings :( He admits that he has gotten "out of shape and flabby" too but still to hear that really just killed my self esteem. I just don't feel like eating anything at all. The thing is, I weighed more than this when he and I got together and the lowest I have weighed since being with him is like 147... I'm just confused and sad right now..

LiLsMaMa21
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello everyone :) My name is Kayla. I have a beautiful daughter Lillyan and an amazing hubby Andrew. I am here because Andrew and I need a lot of advice on how to eat healthier and how to stay motivated to workout every day! I am really excited to get to know you all :)

connietrrll
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi my name is Connie. I am 46. I have not always been overweight. In fact when I was younger I was very much underweight. When I had kids. I gained weight. With each child I gained more weight. I had 4 miscarriages, and never lost the weight with them.

I have been married for 21 years. My husbands name is Ed. He likes bigger woman. So, my size was never an issue with him. We have 3 children. My 2 boys are 27 and 16. Matthew is not his biological child. But, is his in every other sense. Except like the younger me his is very much underweight. He is over 6 foot tall and weighs about 130lbs. Neil is his dad's son through and is part of the reason I want to get my weight under control! He is 16 and is about 5'6" and weighs about 200lbs. He is however very athletic. We also have a petit 20 year old daughter. She seems to think that she is fat. Which scares me. Because she isn't! She is a beautiful young lady, and is well with in a normal body mass index. She is 5 foot (maybe) and weighs approx 120lbs.

My weight loss journey started last June. I went to the doctors. She had been suggesting for a while that consider weight loss surgery. In September of 2010 I went for consultation. It was over an hour away. My health is not so good. Not just from my weight but for other issues. The next morning I suffered a minor stroke. So, I decided that I needed to heal before considering that idea again. Last summer I started again.

My beginning weight was 356lbs when I went to the doctors in June. I started working with her and dietitian and since then I have lost over 60lbs. It is not as much as I would have liked to lose by this point. But, it is a start! I am just down below 300lbs. My clothes are starting to not fit.

That is my story so far!

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Hi Kayla! Welcome to the group. You definitely found the right place to for advice on healthy eating and motivation!

Quoting LiLsMaMa21:

Hello everyone :) My name is Kayla. I have a beautiful daughter Lillyan and an amazing hubby Andrew. I am here because Andrew and I need a lot of advice on how to eat healthier and how to stay motivated to workout every day! I am really excited to get to know you all :)

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Hi Connie!!

Welcome to the group and  thanks for sharing your story.

Congratulations on losing those 60 pounds, that is a great accomplishment.

Quoting connietrrll:

Hi my name is Connie. I am 46. I have not always been overweight. In fact when I was younger I was very much underweight. When I had kids. I gained weight. With each child I gained more weight. I had 4 miscarriages, and never lost the weight with them.

I have been married for 21 years. My husbands name is Ed. He likes bigger woman. So, my size was never an issue with him. We have 3 children. My 2 boys are 27 and 16. Matthew is not his biological child. But, is his in every other sense. Except like the younger me his is very much underweight. He is over 6 foot tall and weighs about 130lbs. Neil is his dad's son through and is part of the reason I want to get my weight under control! He is 16 and is about 5'6" and weighs about 200lbs. He is however very athletic. We also have a petit 20 year old daughter. She seems to think that she is fat. Which scares me. Because she isn't! She is a beautiful young lady, and is well with in a normal body mass index. She is 5 foot (maybe) and weighs approx 120lbs.

My weight loss journey started last June. I went to the doctors. She had been suggesting for a while that consider weight loss surgery. In September of 2010 I went for consultation. It was over an hour away. My health is not so good. Not just from my weight but for other issues. The next morning I suffered a minor stroke. So, I decided that I needed to heal before considering that idea again. Last summer I started again.

My beginning weight was 356lbs when I went to the doctors in June. I started working with her and dietitian and since then I have lost over 60lbs. It is not as much as I would have liked to lose by this point. But, it is a start! I am just down below 300lbs. My clothes are starting to not fit.

That is my story so far!

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)