Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Welcome to Healthy Weight Loss! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Healthy Weight Loss group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Healthy Weight Loss!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Replies (81-90):
Sapphire.Tears
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 11:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello! I'm leann. 22 year old married mother of one.  :)

I'm looking for support to help me get back into shape, because it has recently started to really sink in just how out of shape I am!  I am looking forward to learning and growing through this process with you ladies!

143Screen
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, I am Heather.  I am a 42 year old "Home Alone" "SAHM" of 3 kids in New England.  After the birth of my 3rd child, I now weigh more than when I came home from the hospital.   I was 5'1", 124 lbs and a size 4 before I had #3.  Now I am 154 lbs and a size 12.  People I have met only since my son was born do not recognize me in pictures from before he was born.  They actually ask me "Who is that with [your husband]?" in pictures.  Ouch!!  It is time for me to pay attention to my diet in a meaningful way and do some hard work.  "Two Steps Forward" is my new Mama Mantra!  Good luck to you! 

dumbbell

143Screen
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Quoting Kimmerz_0868:

Hello, my name is Kim. I live in NE Arkansas and joined this group for the dreaded weight loss support. I am 40+, married and have 5 wonderful children. 

I found out last month that I have 2 bulging discs in my lower back after being in lots of pain for almost a year. I know alot of my issue is my weight (200+ pounds), but with all the pain I have, it is hard for me to exercise, even walking bothers to me. 

I am hoping to find some support with this journey in becoming healthier in 2013. 

dizzydreamer
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello!  My name is Eva.  I'm 31 and I have been trying to modify my diet and exercise for several months.  I've been successful at getting healthy, in that I have good cholesterol and BP now, but not at dropping weight. I'm a bit frustrated and overwhelmed at the moment.  I'm using Weight Watchers at the moment.  Hoping it helps.

143Screen
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Kimmerz!! I am about to wage war on my weight and have a chronic neck and back issue due to an old accident.  The 3 things that have helped reduce pain for me:  water exercise (aerobics, swimming, walking), yoga (try "A Morning Cup of Yoga"...great place to get started at any fitness level), and a memory foam mattress.  These things have been amazing for increasing mobility and reducing, even eliminating, pain from my life.  I hope this post can help you!  Best of luck!  (And of course, chek with MD before beginning any exercise program!)

thanvey
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi,

My name is Tosha.

I was a member of cafemom years ago and I just came back for different reasons though.  I am interested in this group because I am on my own journey to lose weight.  My starting weight was 212. I started my journey on Dec. 1, 2012. To date I have lose 37 lbs. my goal is to get to 120 so I have 57 lbs to go.  I have altered my diet and I exercise daily now. I don't always want to exercise but I know it is the only way to do it. I do one exercise in the morning and then another in the afternoon when my daughter gets home because she likes doing it with me.  I have lost weight in the past, my weight was 217 and I lost 33 lbs in 2010 and it took 6 months to lose it that time. I ended up getting an ear infection that plugged my ear pretty bad and made me dizzy to stand so I did nothing for a whole month and then I slowly began to put the weight back on. I guess I finally hit my bottom and decided I had to do something.  My bottom was that I love my husband more then anything in the world and I felt that I was losin him because in my head he did not want to be with me because I was so fat and lazy.My low hit when I realized that I did not want to live if he did not love me. (he always loved me I just felt like he didn't )  So I started by dressing nicer and fixing my hair which I hadn't done in a long time and he noticed when he noticed I started doing more.  I started using the Raspberry ketones and lost 5 lbs with just taking them and not doing anything else. So then I decided if I could lose 5 lbs with them and not do anything I wonder how much I could lose with exercising and eating better with the raspberry ketones. And here I am 3 months later and 37 lbs. lighter.  I have actually lost more weight on my own in 3 months then I did in 6 months with a fitness trainer.  She was awesome but Wow I never thought I could do this. Now I am lighter I can see the impact I have on other people and especially my husband.  He finally tells me that I am beautiful. I am excited and more motivated then ever to continue to lose the rest of my weight. and now that I have reached my first goal of 175 lbs. I am ready to make a second goal and lose 13 more lbs to me 50 lbs lighter. then I can keep setting small goals. I am so happy because I have also inspired a few of my friends to workout and get into shape because I post a daily update on my facebook account so my friends and family can see my journer.  I am excited to join this group so I can get advice and contiue my journey.

sevengirls77
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Hi!!  My name is Dawn, I am working on a getting fit and looking for a support group

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello Dawn and welcome. Im glad you found us!! You definitely came to the right place for fitness and support.

Quoting sevengirls77:

Hi!!  My name is Dawn, I am working on a getting fit and looking for a support group

ldylancer03
by New Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi my name is Jenn. I have already lost 30 lbs since the middle of jan. but wanted to find some friends to help keep me going. Find somewhere to get new food ideas and exercise ideas. Can't wait to get to know you all. I still have at least 100lbs to go :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi Jenn!

Congratulations on the first 30 pounds!! That is great.

Quoting ldylancer03:

Hi my name is Jenn. I have already lost 30 lbs since the middle of jan. but wanted to find some friends to help keep me going. Find somewhere to get new food ideas and exercise ideas. Can't wait to get to know you all. I still have at least 100lbs to go :/

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)