Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Dinner Tonight.. :)

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:21 PM
  • 7 Replies

This will be a new achievment but i am fully ready to go and do this.. We are going to a big buffet dinner tonight. we went once before about a month ago.. and i over ate. but now i know what is there. and they have a salad bar. my goal tonight is to eat at the salad bar and bring a 2 point bar.. which is from weight watchers so i don't go crazy with there amazing desersts.. i will post my results when i get home..

Go me!

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:25 PM
:) You can do it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Good luck! You  have a plan in place so you'll do great!

Buffets are tough for me.  I feel like "I must eat allthefood!!!" because it doesn't cost any extra. I have the same problem with finishing my kids' food at restaurants.

Mrs.Ro
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:37 PM

that was my problem last time. my son didn't want his desert after we had got it.. i already had half of what he had.. so i knew it was good.. so i thought well i can work this off this week LOL

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:05 PM
You got this!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BramblePatch
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I put a pot roast and root veggies in the crockpot this morning since DS has gymnastics late this afternoon. I will have 2oz beef, 5 baby red potatoes, and a small piece of crusty bread.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Ro
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:06 PM

I did awesome. and going to watch a late movie.. and go to bed hungry yay! 

wahmx3
by Shelley on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I have mixed feelings on this subject.... I am not saying go and stuff yourself or anything but if you are paying the money to go.... why aren't you going to eat and have a tiny piece of dessert? I don't get the "you are going and not eating". I know I am cheap... if I am paying the money, I am going to eat. Also keep in mind....salad bars aren't necessarily low in fat, calories or sodium. You might be just as well off in having a plate of veggies and a protein of some type. Of course, it all depends on how the food is cooked too. I don't intend to avoid buffets and dessert all my life so I am not giving them up now.... for me, it is all about balance and moderation. I hope you enjoy what you decide to eat and are happy once you get home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN