Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Need help with at home workouts, I'm at my wits end! Kinda long, =( sorry

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:16 PM
  • 9 Replies

Help! I've desperately trying to (finally) get off my butt and exercise to loose the baby weight. Shes 8 now, so I have NO excuses! LoL

Anyway, my apt complex has a fitness room with treadmill, bike, weights, etc.. 

I started going there 3 weeks ago. I love it. BUT I have to take my dd with me. I don't allow her on the machines, so she gets extremely bored and starts to get restless. mommy, fix the doll, mommy whats for dinner, can I walk on the machine?, whats that?, mom look!, can I do this, can I do that, mommmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I love my dd to death & back but OMG! I've tried it all, bringing books, bringing even her homework in there so she can't get up but that turns into "i need help" which miraculously, she does NOT need help once we get back home. She's brought her Kindle, her dolls, a jump rope, her bike, her Nintendo DS, my IPOD, coloring books, actuvity books, every freakin toy she has. Nothing is more interesting than buggin mommy when she's in the zone! Plus, other residents give me the evil eye when they spot my dd in there with me. Like the "seriously, leave your kid at home" look. 

I have no one to watch her, and I can't/won't leave her alone in the apt all the way across the complex. So I've given up and decided to work out at my house after shes asleep. I don't know where to start though. I don't have any equipment and can't afford to buy an extra bag of rice at the moment so purchasing anything is out of the question. Walking is about all I can do with her, but only on the weekends because our schedules are so tight during the week already. And it's friggin cold out. 

My question is, do you ladies have any tips and tricks to working out at home with no workout equip? Anything. Any help & info would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!!! 

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Silvertears1275
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:19 PM
3 moms liked this
Youtube. You can find all kinds of free workouts that you don't need equipment for. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:21 PM
2 moms liked this

I would definitely recommend some DVDs.  I love Jillian Michaels DVDs personally. 30 day shred is a good starter workout. and No More Trouble Zones is my favorite. All you need is a couple of 3#, 5#, or 8# dumbbells.  I worked out after my kids went to bed for over a year. my husband works 2nd shift and I work 1st

HaveFaith1215
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this

omg I never thought of that. Talk about forgetting the obvious. Thank you!! 

Quoting Silvertears1275:

Youtube. You can find all kinds of free workouts that you don't need equipment for. Good luck!

HaveFaith1215
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I heard about her. I always thought you needed some expensive fancy stuff to go with it, so it's good to hear that I don't. I'll check that out. Thanks! 

Quoting Stefanie83:

I would definitely recommend some DVDs.  I love Jillian Michaels DVDs personally. 30 day shred is a good starter workout. and No More Trouble Zones is my favorite. All you need is a couple of 3#, 5#, or 8# dumbbells.  I worked out after my kids went to bed for over a year. my husband works 2nd shift and I work 1st

mem82
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Go to the library and get DVDs.

momma1708
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:25 PM

youtube! I love youtube! A lot the time if it requires or suggests a light weight you can use a can of veggies or a bottle of water. That is what I do. 

HaveFaith1215
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Thats a good idea. I'm thinking of a couple things I could use as weights that I already have around the house. Thank you! 

Quoting momma1708:

youtube! I love youtube! A lot the time if it requires or suggests a light weight you can use a can of veggies or a bottle of water. That is what I do. 

Trajik003
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Youtube is a great place to start to get an idea of different exercises. Also check out FitSugar.com they have 10 minute videos on there all the time that you can follow along with. Also Skinnymom.com has a whole months worth of workouts broken down into 4 different exercises each day. Good luck!

HaveFaith1215
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Awesome! Thank you so much! 

Quoting Trajik003:

Youtube is a great place to start to get an idea of different exercises. Also check out FitSugar.com they have 10 minute videos on there all the time that you can follow along with. Also Skinnymom.com has a whole months worth of workouts broken down into 4 different exercises each day. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)