Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Year Weight Loss Challenge Day 17: And Relax

Welcome to Day 17 of the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!

And Relax!

One factor in having a healthy body is also having a healthy mind. Relaxation is a great way to reduce stress on your mind and body, by slowing your heart rate, reducing muscle tension and lowering your blood pressure.
There are many ways to relax. Massage, Tai Chi, Hypnosis and Visualization are all excellent techniques. Sitting quietly in a room, reading, listening to music and even taking a nap are also effective.
Whatever form of relaxation you practice, make sure you take time for yourself often to de-stress and  properly relax.

Do you take time for yourself to properly relax?
What do you do to relax?

happy new year One member who signs up for our New Year Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign up for the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:57 AM
Replies (241-250):
triplet_2004
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Quoting PartyOfCuatro:

Relax after the kids go to bed. Read, watch tv or browse the net.

Same here...I wish I enjoyed soaking in the bathtub more,  but my tub is small so a good part of me is always hanging out in the cold, lol!

tiffs2009
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Hahaha! No I don't get tons do relax :(
I know that I need to and take time to unwind do I can sleep better too. This insomnia is kicking my butt
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NoShame116
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Any more, I live for naps. I have a disabled husband, a 13 year old ds, an 11 year old ds, and a 2 year old ds. They keep me very busy.
bambiesmiles
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:40 AM

I do sometimes. at least on the weekends. I usually take a hot calgon bubble bath yes calgon takes me away. then I will go to our room an vegitate just lay down an do some deep brethes and calm my thoughts. an put myself in my own lil bubble world. where I wont listen to anything but my breathes.

Cynt1020
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:32 AM

i sleep,, or watch a movie

Bamsmom2012
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:51 PM

if i can get to stay up past when my little one goes to sleep i stay up and watch tv or read.

mrsap2008
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:23 PM

my relaxation time is when the kids are in bed!

ajandfour
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:58 AM

I try to relax but it is hard with four teenagers!

supergirl_mommy
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:53 PM
My relaxing time is the evening after my kids are in bed but usually spend time cleaning and catching up on work.
mommy2kaelynn
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:20 PM

I am BAD at taking time for myself - between the house, caring for my daughter, and homeschooling her, I rarely get time for myself. When I do, I use it to read, scrapbook, or play my favorite video game (The Sims)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)