Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Q&A Giveaway! Ask Jillian Michaels and You Could WIN!

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:02 AM
  • 671 Replies
14 moms liked this
CafeMom is excited to welcome Jillian Michaels, trainer and New York Times Best Selling author of SLIM FOR LIFE: My Insider Secrets to Simple, Fast and Lasting Weight Loss to the Healthy Weight Loss group. Jillian will be taking your questions until February 8th.

Jillian is one of the leading health and wellness experts in the country, helping to shape and inspire the lives of millions.  She is the author of four New York times bestsellers, with more than 1.4 million copies of her books sold in the U.S.  In her newest book, Jillian wants to leave you "bomb-proof," so that you never blow up your efforts to live a slim life again.  She has cracked the weight-loss code, giving readers everything they need to personalize the plan and achieve dramatic results.

Want actionable advice that gets results.....ultimately adding up to a whole new you?  Ask your questions here. Jillian will answer your question February 4th through February 8th. Ten moms who ask a question will win a copy of Jillian's book, SLIM FOR LIFE: My Insider Secrets to Simple, Fast and Lasting Weight Loss!

Giveaway rules:

• The Healthy Weight Loss Expert giveaway starts 2/4/13 at 8:00 am (ET) and ends 2/8/13 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • Ten winners will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a copy of SLIM FOR LIFE: My Insiders Secrets To Simple, Fast and Lasting Weight Loss.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 2/15/13.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:30 AM
7 moms liked this
Welcome! I realize it is part of your job to stay in shape, but as a mother do you find yourself cutting down the time you spend working out because you feel guilty or selfish for taking that time for yourself?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Meg2011425
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:53 AM
What is a daily workout for you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bl3ss3dMommi
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:00 AM
3 moms liked this
I love your workouts and in the 30 day shed around the time I'm wanting to curse you is when you start saying i know you wanna quit but push thorough along with other stuff it really helps! No question just praise!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lenoxclan
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:00 AM
8 moms liked this

Do you have any tips on getting rid of the infamous baby-pooch.

While I am out of shape now...Waaaaayyyy out of shape..lol

The last time I was in shape, 30 day shred got me there.. However, it seemed like no matter how much working out I did, I couldn't firm those lower tummy muscles. So, even though I had the beginnings of a 6 pack, whenever I ate ANYTHING my belly would poke out(right below the belly button)causing me to look 6wks prego..

Not flattering at all.

It caused me to pretty much give up and fall off the bandwagon.. I am ready to hop back on, but I sure would love to get rid of that bump this time around.

emilyrosenj
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:05 AM
I have trouble doing jumping jacks. What are some ways I can build up to doing them?
cherylmoore
by Cheryl on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this
What would be your best recommendation for pre workout snack and also post workout snack for when you are super busy ?
Is it true that carbs before and protein after is best for my needs? I still have 35 pounds to lose
MamaSarah1104
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:39 AM
11 moms liked this
What kind of exercises would you recommend for a stay home mom that doesn't have the chance to get away and needs to make due with what's on hand?

I find it hard to juggle a 2 year old, 6 month old, cooking, cleaning and other home responsibilities and be able to get away to exercise. Is there something I can do during my normal daily activities that will help me get in shape?
kristy95
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Hi Jillian! I am a huge fan :) one of my questions is If i would like to have a morning smoothie should I add protein powder to make it a "complete" meal? what would you suggest to make the perfect morning smoothie?

kristy95
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I would like to know this also.

Quoting cherylmoore:

What would be your best recommendation for pre workout snack and also post workout snack for when you are super busy ?

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Even though I can't win your book. I will be looking for it in the stores! You are very inspirational to me! I love that your short just like me and not super modle lenght lol.
Ok so my question is being short 5 foot nothing and biking a lot when I was a kid has givng me "man calves" as call them. Is there anything I can do to get them to look less chunky?? It seem no matter what I do because its mostly muscle they stay the same :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)