Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I'm in week 2 and I'm losing my motivation.

Honestly, I am pissed off!

I'm at the end of week 2 and I feel so deflated. I lost my weight loss buddy, we had less then a week of communication and poof! I don't know what happened other then I work full time and can't write daily, but I thought we were getting on the same page. I haven't gotten a response from the last 2 messages I left her. OK, fine, keep going and on my first measurement day I lose almost 4" all around and I very excitedly tell my dh. His response "hmm". Fine he's busy, so I bring it up later, his response was a very monotone "I know, I heard you the first time."  Are you serious? I've been trying to do this for 3 yrs, I finally do and it's working and you don't care. Screw you! Yes, we had a fight, bad night, Sunday and I haven't brought up weight loss since.

I don't have any other support system, I'm 3000 miles away from my family and I don't have any real friends here. Like I said up top I'm feeling deflated, I ate pizza last night and I didn't work out this morning. I'm probably just feeling sorry for myself, but whatever. I need to vent

However, I have not had one sip of Diet Coke in a week and a half and that means I have not given up completely yet!

I am really liking this group though and I plan on spending more time in here, there are some great posts- motivational and informative, and some great ladies! Thank you!

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Replies (11-20):
chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I agree that you have to do this for you.  I think  a lot of times others dont give support because your healthy lifestyle makes their choices look bad.  It's ok to have a pity party now and then but pick yourself up and kick some @ss when it is over!

evelynolivesmom
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I've seen you before in other groups and I like your comments. Thank you and I'm sending you a friend request later :)

I can do this without my hand being held, it's just the difference between last week and this one, is like night and day. Where did everyone go???

Quoting HannahLee87:

Aw I'm sorry to hear that!.... But DON'T give up momma! It's not worth it! You can do it :)

I'm am on a weightloss journey as well, you can always message me! We can also Facebook or text if you want! Giving up is not worth it!

evelynolivesmom
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you! That's a good idea! An angry workout has to burn more, right?

Quoting Silvertears1275:

=(  Sorry you're having a hard time.  Just put that frustration and energy into a good workout.  Don't give up because people are jerks.  You deserve this =)

nursesharon
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:52 AM

You can do it!  Remember you are doing this for yourself and try and remember what your original motivation was.  I hate that your workout buddy ditched you.  That happened to me once and I had someone remind me that I didn't put the weight on w/someone else so I can't expect someone else to get it off of me (although I like the idea of having an accountablility partner).  If I had to guess, the gal that ditched you did so b/c she has already stopped working out and doesn't want that accountability.  As far as your DH, when you have lost your weight and you are smoking hot and he wants to get hime some, just say "hmmm...."  haha!  stay focused !  it's hard but you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

evelynolivesmom
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I agree to a point and that point is dh. I expect more from him then anyone else. I'm not doing this for him, he likes me thicker (although I passed thicker 2 yrs. ago) it's for me and to raise my dd healthier. Dh and I are very close, live together, work together and he knew what his response was going to get him!

Quoting itsm3:

don't rely on others to motivate you - IT MUST COME FROM WITHIN YOU.

yes it's nice to have compliments from others but to be honest, the only person whom you should look towards for feelings of accoplishments is YOU.  if you rely on others to keep you going, you will not succeed... this must come from YOU!

Xfitmom
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:58 AM

My biggest advice is do this for you. Don't worry about what others think, do or don't do. Keep your eye on your prize which is to get yourself in shape. It's hard at first but know that the ladies in this community are supportive and happy for you no matter if it's 1 pound or 10 pounds.

LveMy2K1dS
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:13 AM
I'll send you a message to add me on fb! I am having a wieghtloss challenge group and the others in the group can help keep you motivated and keep you accountable!!! You can do this!! Just don't give up!
evelynolivesmom
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:13 AM

You are so right. I know this is for me and I do not want to stop. 

How is zuumba? Is it super hard? I am not coordinated or graceful, walking in a straight line is a challenge for me, lol, and I CAN'T dance. I just found out there is a class about a mile from me and I'm thinking about trying it. I'm not a gym person, but maybe a class with other women in my neighborhood would help.

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

I'm sorry you lost your work out buddy and you husband didn't give you a great response.  That sucks.

I know for me, I had to get to a place where I just do not care what anyone thinks about my journey to lose weight.  It is about ME.  No one to work out with? fine I'll do it myself,  you don't care that I lost a lb this week?  That's ok, because *I* DO!   I have learned that this is about me FOR me and you can join me or I'll do it without you.   Nothing is stopping me- not having to work out on my own, not hubby eating his choclate cake- not the stupid scale when it tells me I gained back a lb or two.   I have no firends in this state to rely on either and you know what? that's ok!   I have Facebook, and I have this gorup and sparkpeople and my zumba studio I go to and that's all I need

You can DO this, but you have to decide that you aren't going to let any of that stop you either 

Yes it sucks at times, yes it's hard- but it is worth it.

evelynolivesmom
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Thank you!  The support in this group is awesome! My pity party is about done, I'm generally not a whiner, but this has been a frustrating week.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Don't give up!  Don't solely rely on others though so don't let them stop you from achieving your weight loss goals.  Focus on your goal and every day you take a step towards that goal is motivation for you to keep at it.

You can always message me or FB me.  I'd love to help keep you motived.

evelynolivesmom
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Thank you, I will, I just told a pp that I'm about done with my pity party. Men are so dense! Aaargghhh! Why??? 2 seconds to say "Good Job, Honey!" would have been so easy, but noooo!

Quoting othermom:

I am sorry you are having a rough time and that he isn't being more supportive. My husband is the same way a lot of times and it does hurt. I hope that you can keep your motivation up and do well. Keep up the good work

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)