Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I'm in week 2 and I'm losing my motivation.

Honestly, I am pissed off!

I'm at the end of week 2 and I feel so deflated. I lost my weight loss buddy, we had less then a week of communication and poof! I don't know what happened other then I work full time and can't write daily, but I thought we were getting on the same page. I haven't gotten a response from the last 2 messages I left her. OK, fine, keep going and on my first measurement day I lose almost 4" all around and I very excitedly tell my dh. His response "hmm". Fine he's busy, so I bring it up later, his response was a very monotone "I know, I heard you the first time."  Are you serious? I've been trying to do this for 3 yrs, I finally do and it's working and you don't care. Screw you! Yes, we had a fight, bad night, Sunday and I haven't brought up weight loss since.

I don't have any other support system, I'm 3000 miles away from my family and I don't have any real friends here. Like I said up top I'm feeling deflated, I ate pizza last night and I didn't work out this morning. I'm probably just feeling sorry for myself, but whatever. I need to vent

However, I have not had one sip of Diet Coke in a week and a half and that means I have not given up completely yet!

I am really liking this group though and I plan on spending more time in here, there are some great posts- motivational and informative, and some great ladies! Thank you!

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Replies (21-30):
evelynolivesmom
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I've decided that dd is going to be my workout buddy, she's only 3, but at least we'll have fun! And, she's not going anywhere, lol!

I'm on myfitnesspal, but I never use it, honestly I keep forgetting, but it's such an amazing tool.

Quoting rockinmomto2:

It's hard to lose weight. It's even harder to do it without any support at home. You might want to join My Fitness Pal. They have a fantastic support system in place, and you could probably find another weight loss buddy who is close to you. 

prego_jessi
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:26 AM
You can do this!!! And way to go on the 4"!!!!
evelynolivesmom
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Thank you, I will definitely add you. Men are so frustrating, they swear we come up this stuff to give us something to do like it's 1955. Yeah, with him, work, dd and everything else, I'm just looking to fill the void with a weight loss journey, how cute! Ugh.

I feel a lot better without the soda, it hasn't been very long, but there is definitely a huge difference in how I feel just drinking water and green tea. I still have my coffee too, but they'll have to pry my cup out of my cold dead hands or bury me with it!

Quoting jendawn1:

We are always here for you momma.
You hubby sounds a lot like mine. Its been over 2 years and he still doesn't support me with my weight loss.I move 8 hours away from all my friends and family too. But I come here.
I'm proud of you for giving up diet pop. Its SO horrible for you. I have giving up pop for over a year now. I feel so much better and I will never go back to drinking it.
Add me if you want ! It sounds like we have a lot in common.

evelynolivesmom
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Thank you! I do like kicking ass! My dh is a mountain dew guzzling, sugar snorting, beef eater, of course he feels bad!

No he doesn't... all the junk in the world doesn't change his looks. Lucky bastard.

This pity part sucks! Lots of great support, but no balloons. :)

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

I agree that you have to do this for you.  I think  a lot of times others dont give support because your healthy lifestyle makes their choices look bad.  It's ok to have a pity party now and then but pick yourself up and kick some @ss when it is over!

rockinmomto2
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:34 AM

My 3 year old stretches with me at the end of every workout. It's a lot of fun!

Quoting evelynolivesmom:

I've decided that dd is going to be my workout buddy, she's only 3, but at least we'll have fun! And, she's not going anywhere, lol!

I'm on myfitnesspal, but I never use it, honestly I keep forgetting, but it's such an amazing tool.

Quoting rockinmomto2:

It's hard to lose weight. It's even harder to do it without any support at home. You might want to join My Fitness Pal. They have a fantastic support system in place, and you could probably find another weight loss buddy who is close to you. 

evelynolivesmom
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Thank you!!! I think that's what happened to her as well. Why did she have to ditch me after I was the only who shared measurements though? Now I'm very embarrased. I'll use that as motivation. And, you're right, I got fat all by myself.

The more I think about it, I think dh is just sick of hearing about it, like can we talk about ANYTHING else? I haven't mentioned it since our fight and neither has he, but everything else is going fine, maybe he needs some attention, poor lil' guy :) Nothing cheers him up like my homemade chocolate cake... Damnit!!!!

Quoting nursesharon:

You can do it!  Remember you are doing this for yourself and try and remember what your original motivation was.  I hate that your workout buddy ditched you.  That happened to me once and I had someone remind me that I didn't put the weight on w/someone else so I can't expect someone else to get it off of me (although I like the idea of having an accountablility partner).  If I had to guess, the gal that ditched you did so b/c she has already stopped working out and doesn't want that accountability.  As far as your DH, when you have lost your weight and you are smoking hot and he wants to get hime some, just say "hmmm...."  haha!  stay focused !  it's hard but you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChocolateJunky
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:43 AM

I tried having weight loss buddies, but someone always backed out. I've found that my toddler is the best physical trainer I could have asked for. LOL. He has ENDLESS energy and as turned into a little drill sergeant. For example, when I do sit ups, he pushes me back down. You can do it. Try to make a game out of it, or give yourself rewards. Don't make it a chore, but instead make it fun! It's much easier to stay motivated when you actually WANT to workout.

evelynolivesmom
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:48 AM

The women in this group are awesome, 10 replies in and I was feeling so much better. I've already decided to buck up and just do it, fake it till I make it. NA, Nike, whatever gets me through, lol! And, I will be making up for my lost workout this morning, tonight!

I just thought 4" was so great and I was so excited! Back on track, dh is gonna eat his heart out!

Quoting Xfitmom:

My biggest advice is do this for you. Don't worry about what others think, do or don't do. Keep your eye on your prize which is to get yourself in shape. It's hard at first but know that the ladies in this community are supportive and happy for you no matter if it's 1 pound or 10 pounds.

evelynolivesmom
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Fantastic, thank you!!! I'll look for it.

Quoting LveMy2K1dS:

I'll send you a message to add me on fb! I am having a wieghtloss challenge group and the others in the group can help keep you motivated and keep you accountable!!! You can do this!! Just don't give up!

evelynolivesmom
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Thank you! I am so proud of the results!

Quoting prego_jessi:

You can do this!!! And way to go on the 4"!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)