Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I'm in week 2 and I'm losing my motivation.

Honestly, I am pissed off!

I'm at the end of week 2 and I feel so deflated. I lost my weight loss buddy, we had less then a week of communication and poof! I don't know what happened other then I work full time and can't write daily, but I thought we were getting on the same page. I haven't gotten a response from the last 2 messages I left her. OK, fine, keep going and on my first measurement day I lose almost 4" all around and I very excitedly tell my dh. His response "hmm". Fine he's busy, so I bring it up later, his response was a very monotone "I know, I heard you the first time."  Are you serious? I've been trying to do this for 3 yrs, I finally do and it's working and you don't care. Screw you! Yes, we had a fight, bad night, Sunday and I haven't brought up weight loss since.

I don't have any other support system, I'm 3000 miles away from my family and I don't have any real friends here. Like I said up top I'm feeling deflated, I ate pizza last night and I didn't work out this morning. I'm probably just feeling sorry for myself, but whatever. I need to vent

However, I have not had one sip of Diet Coke in a week and a half and that means I have not given up completely yet!

I am really liking this group though and I plan on spending more time in here, there are some great posts- motivational and informative, and some great ladies! Thank you!

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Replies (31-40):
evelynolivesmom
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I just told a pp, I am going to make dd (3) my workout buddy. You're right, endless energy and toddlers know how to make things fun!

We do the sticker/rewards chart for her, maybe I'll put one up for me next to hers and we can improve together, I think she would get a kick out of that.

Quoting ChocolateJunky:

I tried having weight loss buddies, but someone always backed out. I've found that my toddler is the best physical trainer I could have asked for. LOL. He has ENDLESS energy and as turned into a little drill sergeant. For example, when I do sit ups, he pushes me back down. You can do it. Try to make a game out of it, or give yourself rewards. Don't make it a chore, but instead make it fun! It's much easier to stay motivated when you actually WANT to workout.

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Zumba is awesome- give it a few classes -to get the choreo and it gets more fun, I went from one class a week to doing it 5-6 days a week...so *I* think it's pretty great. 

*and no one else is that worried about how you look 

Quoting evelynolivesmom:

You are so right. I know this is for me and I do not want to stop. 

How is zuumba? Is it super hard? I am not coordinated or graceful, walking in a straight line is a challenge for me, lol, and I CAN'T dance. I just found out there is a class about a mile from me and I'm thinking about trying it. I'm not a gym person, but maybe a class with other women in my neighborhood would help.

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

I'm sorry you lost your work out buddy and you husband didn't give you a great response.  That sucks.

I know for me, I had to get to a place where I just do not care what anyone thinks about my journey to lose weight.  It is about ME.  No one to work out with? fine I'll do it myself,  you don't care that I lost a lb this week?  That's ok, because *I* DO!   I have learned that this is about me FOR me and you can join me or I'll do it without you.   Nothing is stopping me- not having to work out on my own, not hubby eating his choclate cake- not the stupid scale when it tells me I gained back a lb or two.   I have no firends in this state to rely on either and you know what? that's ok!   I have Facebook, and I have this gorup and sparkpeople and my zumba studio I go to and that's all I need

You can DO this, but you have to decide that you aren't going to let any of that stop you either 

Yes it sucks at times, yes it's hard- but it is worth it.

mommadana
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:59 PM

If you need a weight loss/ inches buddy I will message you every day if you would like and you can do the same if you would like.  I put my food log in my purse and it goes to work with me and everything.  You've got this and you are in this for YOU and no one else.  It's time to be selfish to get you where you need to be.  (I mean this in a positive way, I promise)  Oh and CONGRATS ON YOUR 4 INCHES!!!!!!!!!  WHOOP WHOOP!!

Dana    
Mama2JoshKatie
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I just want to encourage you not to give up! Just think about how good you will feel when you reach your goal! What are you planning to do to reward yourself? Buy some new clothes, take a vacation, what? Plan a really good, non-food related, reward to look forward to. But I have a feeling a slimmer body will be plenty of reward by itself. It will feel so good, you don't want to miss that!

I'm losing weight to get healthier but also because I want another baby! Talk about motivation. When I get discouraged I just picture the sweet face of my future baby. :) There is no food in this world that is worth missing out on that!

I'm sorry about your husband and friend. This group sounds great for motivation, and if you ever want someone else to talk to I'm here!

redcarnelle
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Momma you are doing so great!! We are all here for you on this site and will support you.  I'm sorry your dh isn't more excited for you, but we are! I am happy to be your buddy if you like message me.  

You can do it!! Especially huge kudos on no Diet Coke! Your brain & body thank you!

ashleigh24
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:12 PM
You have all of us here!!!! You can message me anytime you want to vent!!! I love to hear about people losing weight or inches. I get so excited and my hubby never really did either for me but I'm doing this for me this time. No one else so I am to the point where I don't need motivation from anyone. Although my sister in law will text me sometimes about workouts and stuff. She doesn't have much weight to lose like I do but we try to motivate each other if we really need it. We use to walk together but our lives are busy now so we just tell each other treadmill or whatever workout we did. No soda!!! That is awesome!!! Very hard for someone that loves sodas. I have coke zero in my fridge and I still haven't had one in a long time. Shocked myself actually. You can friend me though and I'll message you back. I try to get on here everyday. You can do this actually we can do this!!!! I want to be healthy soooooo bad!!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:00 PM

You can do it.... it will be a little harder without a buddy and with an unsupportive husband. But it can be done. Good luck wih the soda, and congrats on the 4"... just keep going and keep trying, dont get discouraged.

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Absolutely :)

Quoting itsm3:

don't rely on others to motivate you - IT MUST COME FROM WITHIN YOU.

yes it's nice to have compliments from others but to be honest, the only person whom you should look towards for feelings of accoplishments is YOU.  if you rely on others to keep you going, you will not succeed... this must come from YOU!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ChocolateJunky
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:01 PM

That's great! One of my ds's favorite exercises are stretching and "bench presses". In actuality, he's bench pressing his stuffed animal while I use our 3 month old as a weight. It's entertainment for both kids, so every one's happy.

Quoting evelynolivesmom:

I just told a pp, I am going to make dd (3) my workout buddy. You're right, endless energy and toddlers know how to make things fun!

We do the sticker/rewards chart for her, maybe I'll put one up for me next to hers and we can improve together, I think she would get a kick out of that.

Quoting ChocolateJunky:

I tried having weight loss buddies, but someone always backed out. I've found that my toddler is the best physical trainer I could have asked for. LOL. He has ENDLESS energy and as turned into a little drill sergeant. For example, when I do sit ups, he pushes me back down. You can do it. Try to make a game out of it, or give yourself rewards. Don't make it a chore, but instead make it fun! It's much easier to stay motivated when you actually WANT to workout.

reneawesley
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Don't give up. This is a supportive, motivating group.good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)