Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I'm in week 2 and I'm losing my motivation.

Honestly, I am pissed off!

I'm at the end of week 2 and I feel so deflated. I lost my weight loss buddy, we had less then a week of communication and poof! I don't know what happened other then I work full time and can't write daily, but I thought we were getting on the same page. I haven't gotten a response from the last 2 messages I left her. OK, fine, keep going and on my first measurement day I lose almost 4" all around and I very excitedly tell my dh. His response "hmm". Fine he's busy, so I bring it up later, his response was a very monotone "I know, I heard you the first time."  Are you serious? I've been trying to do this for 3 yrs, I finally do and it's working and you don't care. Screw you! Yes, we had a fight, bad night, Sunday and I haven't brought up weight loss since.

I don't have any other support system, I'm 3000 miles away from my family and I don't have any real friends here. Like I said up top I'm feeling deflated, I ate pizza last night and I didn't work out this morning. I'm probably just feeling sorry for myself, but whatever. I need to vent

However, I have not had one sip of Diet Coke in a week and a half and that means I have not given up completely yet!

I am really liking this group though and I plan on spending more time in here, there are some great posts- motivational and informative, and some great ladies! Thank you!

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Replies (41-44):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't give up mama! Do this for yourself!!!

evelynolivesmom
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Thank you! If The Biggest Loser has taught us anything it's that Week 1 is awesome!!!

Weight loss buddies sound great, I will send you a friend request.

Quoting mommadana:

If you need a weight loss/ inches buddy I will message you every day if you would like and you can do the same if you would like.  I put my food log in my purse and it goes to work with me and everything.  You've got this and you are in this for YOU and no one else.  It's time to be selfish to get you where you need to be.  (I mean this in a positive way, I promise)  Oh and CONGRATS ON YOUR 4 INCHES!!!!!!!!!  WHOOP WHOOP!!

evelynolivesmom
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I want new clothes, I would love a baby, but that's not happening. I have wanted new clothes and shoes for years, not the functional stuff I have to get either.

A baby is pure motivation, nothing is better then a happy, chubby 3 month old. They're just so rolly and cuddly. Good luck on your journey and thank you!

Quoting Mama2JoshKatie:

I just want to encourage you not to give up! Just think about how good you will feel when you reach your goal! What are you planning to do to reward yourself? Buy some new clothes, take a vacation, what? Plan a really good, non-food related, reward to look forward to. But I have a feeling a slimmer body will be plenty of reward by itself. It will feel so good, you don't want to miss that!

I'm losing weight to get healthier but also because I want another baby! Talk about motivation. When I get discouraged I just picture the sweet face of my future baby. :) There is no food in this world that is worth missing out on that!

I'm sorry about your husband and friend. This group sounds great for motivation, and if you ever want someone else to talk to I'm here!

evelynolivesmom
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I'll definitely send you a friend request. Thank you, seriously this group is awesome.

Diet Coke is the Devil! I put this on my fridge-

"Every Diet Coke you drink is FORMALDAHYDE preserving your cellulite!"

It's helping!

Quoting redcarnelle:

Momma you are doing so great!! We are all here for you on this site and will support you.  I'm sorry your dh isn't more excited for you, but we are! I am happy to be your buddy if you like message me.  

You can do it!! Especially huge kudos on no Diet Coke! Your brain & body thank you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)