Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I lost all the weight, and now I'm actually missing it.

I lost it all! I made it to my goal, and I did it with diet and excercise! For that, I'm so proud of myself, but I'm not going to lie for a second and say I don't miss my curves, butt, or breasts. Yeah, sure they're still there, but smaller. Much smaller. None of my bras fit right, and my pants and underwear keep sagging when I walk. You know how awkward the pull up your pants dance is when you have to do it in public?

I'm debating on just buying all new clothes or buying a new sewing machine to take them all in. Lord knows I've earned myself a shopping spree, but there's some pieces I'm not ready to part with.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Replies (11-20):
reneawesley
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Congrats! Go shop. You deserve it!

sham09
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:27 PM

I understand all too well that is why I am taking it slow and to be honest if I could get ride of the tummy so that I would look pregnant then I would be ok..I also have a friends and i hope I do not make anybody made but I think that she looked better with a little weight, now she has  no boobs, butt and looks older in the face and we all  are not made to fit the same mold but we all should strive to be healthy..

sham09
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Can we see pic...I bet you stll have curves..

ChocolateJunky
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:34 PM

I will have to take one later! :)

Quoting sham09:

Can we see pic...I bet you stll have curves..

AngieB912
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this

WOW!  That's great-  Well done!!  You should be VERY proud of yourself.  I don't know you and I'm proud of you!  

I would love to lose some weight.  Prior to having my daughter she's 15+ mths old) I never had to worry about what I ate or if I would gain weight (I would eat ice-cream or any "fattening" food and nothing).  My only concern at times would be not to lose weight.  What's your secret weapon diet that you used to lose weight?

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:36 AM

Congrats mama!  

itsm3
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:37 AM

oh honey, that's the best part -- SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!!!

and congrats :) 

i remember when i had to go shopping after people were mentioning that my pants were hanging off me.... it was so much fun to finally be able to select "S" or "XS"  again!!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I agree, time for some new clothes.  No one feels good in clothes that hang off of them!  Make sure you try stuff on, so you know it fits YOU well!  Remember we're all shaped differently, so there are different shapes of clothes.

Congratulations!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

taniamorse85
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:25 AM

Congrats!  Definitely treat yourself to some new clothes.  You deserve it!  If there are some clothes you have that are too big, but you like them, alter them to fit your new physique.  Have fun creating a whole new wardrobe!

I can definitely relate about missing the butt.  I used to be 250 lbs, and my butt was the first thing to go when I started losing weight.  Now, I can't sit in an unpadded chair without discomfort.  Right now, I'm sitting at the computer, on a chair that has a small folded blanket on it so I don't hurt my hips or my tailbone.

sparklz123
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:33 AM
I'm going through the exact same thing! Lost 50 lbs but also lost my butt and boobs! DH was not happy since I used to have big boobs. Victoria secrets padded push up bra that adds 2 cup sizes really helps :) congrats on the weight loss!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)