Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

At an all you can eat restaurant? Do you have the will power and do you know how to keep it healthy?

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Replies (11-15):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM
2 moms liked this

I've learned to, and we eat out SO rarely anyway.  Usually when we do eat out, we choose something healthy (like the organic foods restaurant here).  We have a ton of farmer-to-table style restaurants here, which is a big deal, so lots of locally sourced foods and seasonal options, and we're really lucky that way.  It's pretty rare for us to eat at a chain restaurant or somewhere where it's hard to find something on the menu, and even if we do end up at a place like that, I've learned what to look for and how to order.  Plus, most chains have their nutrition info online, so I'll look ahead of time, or look on my phone (I look beyond just the calories, which, here in CA, are on the menus).

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

mom_3.0
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:33 PM

hell no!

twinsies041
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:37 PM
I almost always get a salad with salsa for dressing. I get no cheese and with chicken. It's actually yummy :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:09 PM
I dont think I will ever go to one. Doesn't sound remotely appealing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frecklesthehen
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:13 PM

i hate buffets, and i dont eat enough at one setting to make it worth the money. and i hate it that no matter where or when i go, they always look like the food has been out for hours! yuck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN