Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Turbo Jam vs. Zumba

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:13 PM
  • 10 Replies

Let's hear some opinions and results please! I'm thinking of ordering one or the other. My problem areas are my tummy flab aka. "the mommy pouch", I'm sick of it! And also my butt, it's not as high as it once was ha! So any feedback would be apprecited!

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bnh89
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:34 PM

bUmP! :)

mefingas
by Morgan on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Ive done both and turbo jam all the way. Also ive done brazil butt lift and it helped my butt and love handles area. If you have any questions let me know, im not a beachbody coach. If you are in good shape/workout a good amount already i would say turbo fire. In 8 weeks ive lost almost 13 inches and all of it in stomach and thigh area.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bnh89
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Wow sounds like some awesome results! I am not in very good shape, I don't think I've worked out since probably September-ish. Do you think it would be too much for me?

Quoting mefingas:

Ive done both and turbo jam all the way. Also ive done brazil butt lift and it helped my butt and love handles area. If you have any questions let me know, im not a beachbody coach. If you are in good shape/workout a good amount already i would say turbo fire. In 8 weeks ive lost almost 13 inches and all of it in stomach and thigh area.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mefingas
by Morgan on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:53 PM
How much weight do you need to lose also what workouts have you done? You can always follow the modifier in both turbo programs, i just would say you get more results from fire but there is a lot of jumping. So with turbo jam once you get comfortable with the moves make sure you push yourself. I just knew i needed to go beyond turbo jam for the last bit of toning. But turbo jamis awesome

Quoting bnh89:

Wow sounds like some awesome results! I am not in very good shape, I don't think I've worked out since probably September-ish. Do you think it would be too much for me?

Quoting mefingas:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frecklesthehen
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Bump. as soon as i get off my butt im going to mail back a game to gamefly and get Zumba as my next game. I'll let you know how it goes.... but im probably not going to do that for another 2 weeks or so.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:31 PM

I'm woefully uncoordinated so I have not done Zumba... I have done TJ several times. I love it. It is not difficult to follow at all and even non dancers ( like myself) can do it well. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

bnh89
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Not much really, maybe 5-10 lbs. I guess I'll just have to jump into something and find out for myself! Thanks for the info! :)

Quoting mefingas:

How much weight do you need to lose also what workouts have you done? You can always follow the modifier in both turbo programs, i just would say you get more results from fire but there is a lot of jumping. So with turbo jam once you get comfortable with the moves make sure you push yourself. I just knew i needed to go beyond turbo jam for the last bit of toning. But turbo jamis awesome

Quoting bnh89:

Quoting mefingas:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bnh89
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Ohh I know how you feel with being uncoordinated. I had a hip-hop workout dvd once answer I gave it away cause I just couldn't get my body to move like that lol

Quoting mcginnisc:

I'm woefully uncoordinated so I have not done Zumba... I have done TJ several times. I love it. It is not difficult to follow at all and even non dancers ( like myself) can do it well. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Silvertears1275
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:56 PM

I'm about 3 weeks into Turbo Jam and I love it.  I have never been able to really stick to Zumba.  I have a much easier time catching on to TJ, and Chalene Johnson just rocks =)

crabbyD
by Diana on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Chalene does rock! She's so motivating I love her!

Quoting Silvertears1275:

I'm about 3 weeks into Turbo Jam and I love it.  I have never been able to really stick to Zumba.  I have a much easier time catching on to TJ, and Chalene Johnson just rocks =)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN