Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I'm ready to throw in the towel. Long...sorry

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:19 PM
  • 23 Replies

This is so flipping frustrating!! I was so close to my goal before the holidays. I only needed about 7 pounds to go. Finally less than 10 freakin pounds!!!

Well, after being away from home for only 10 days (we went to visit family out of state) I gained 6 pounds. So now I'm 13 freaking pounds away from my goal. 13 FREAKING POUNDS!!!! We've been home since the 1st, I said to myself, " it's okay because I did over eat a little, it's probably mostly just bloating. I'm not used to eating all that food anymore. I just need to get back to what I was doing before, it will be fine.". Here it is, 20 days later and I've only lost 1 stupid flipping pound! How is this possible?? No, I wasn't expecting to be what I was when we left, but I WAS hoping to have lost more than 1 stupid pound.

As soon as we got home I went right back to eating the way I was before going out of town. Shouldn't that alone have helped in some way?? No, I haven't been working out everyday since we've been home, but I also wasn't working out every single day before either.

It's so hard to stay positive after this. I was only 3 pounds away from finally being out of the 140's. I was so proud of myself, especially since it took me over 2 months to get out of the 150's. Now I'm 3 pounds away from being back into the 150's.

I feel like I'm meant to just be fat for the rest of my life. I can't motivate myself to do anything right now. I tried to get back into doing Insanity today, but I couldn't even get my self to "jog it out" when the video first started!

I hate that I've let myself get this way. I'm just really hating myself right now.

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:27 PM

You can do this, mama.  Get out of the house and go for a walk or run to clear your head.  Clean up your food intake, take a deep breath, and just move forward.  YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Oh Jennifer, try not to stress about it so much. I think the stress alone of losing weight can sometimes hinder you. You've done such a great job losing weight and getting healthy, you should be proud. Weight fluctuates, things like this will happen. Just keep doing what you know how to do and it will come off. I'm right there with you though, been stuck at 145 for about a month now. I think the closer we get to our ideal weight the harder we have to work to get the last few pounds off. Just don't give up :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nicki1995
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Stay calm. You CAN do it. It doesnt take long to gain, but it takes a little while to lose it. Just get back into working out at least 3 days out of the week and walk/jog/run 4 days a week (if you dont have time to do exercises everyday or something). It will take you some time. It is taking me some time to lose too. Just set your mind to it. Think of how great you will look and how much better you will feel after you lose this weight! =)

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Thanks ladies. I know I can do it. It's just hard to get that motivation back right now.

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:35 PM
You sound so much like me! Almost exactly! im back up to 147 and struggling to get down. its not wanting to come off! I have been trying to get to 135 for 2 years! But I feel like this is my year!

Maybe we could be weight loss buddies and help each other!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Hugs.
It sounds like you platued your body. I suggest trying to workout more and clean up your diet. YOU can do this. This too shall pass
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:38 PM

You can do this mama!  

reneawesley
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:08 PM

You can do it. 

Silvertears1275
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Don't hate yourself!  It's harder to take care of yourself if you don't love what you're taking care of.  You can do it.  =)

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I think that would really help. DH tries to get me motivated and tries to keep me going, but it's just not the same.

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

You sound so much like me! Almost exactly! im back up to 147 and struggling to get down. its not wanting to come off! I have been trying to get to 135 for 2 years! But I feel like this is my year!

Maybe we could be weight loss buddies and help each other!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN