Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

ways to lose weight

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:56 PM
  • 10 Replies

i need some ideals of way to lose weight beside the exercise thing i mean i need plans or something to try can you help

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:18 PM

I count calories- drink water (and work out)

Silvertears1275
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Go to myfitnesspal.com or sparkpeople.com and set up an account... then log whatever you eat.  It's the best way to start.  You can see exactly what you are eating and where you might need to make changes.  It's very eye opening. 

wulfeyes05
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Set up a healthy meal plan. It's okay to eat smaller meals throughout the day rather than three big meals a day. Lots of water. Maybe get a weight loss partner to help keep you motivated.
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:57 AM

How and what you eat is 80% of the battle.  Exercise will help as well.

I've lost my weight eating clean and exercising.  You can click here to read about eating clean.

I would stay away from any kind of supplement or meal replacement.  They are only paths to temporary weight loss at best and serious health issues, even death, at worst.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

alohi
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:33 AM

I use the Myfitnesspal on my phone.  it helps count calories, you can even scan your bar codes on the meals you eat.  it is very helpful, but also i would look up healthy recipes for the foods you like.  i found the more i depribed myself of my favorite foods the more i was tempted to cheat, and once i cheated i had a hard time getting back on track.

cherylmoore
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:11 AM
My fitness pal app is awesome. Figure out what calorie range you should be in and stick to it. Keep your carbs low. Exercise. Drink enough water.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Clean eating...veggies, fruits, whole grains, and lean protein.  Eating is 80% of the battle mama!  You can do this!  

Gmgej
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:57 AM

I am doing paleo and really love it, I am limiting fruits and sticking mainly vegetables and lean meats. It has stopped all my suga cravings, my energy is up, my state of mind is good, depression has lessened, and the mind fog is gone.

emilyrosenj
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:08 AM
I am a convert to eating clean, I agree with these ladies. I'm doing a spiritual fast which eliminates dairy, sugar, processed foods and meat. I feel so good spiritually and physically. While I'll probably add lean meats back on a limited basis, most of the other stuff I will only have on a VERY limited basis.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jbush
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:40 AM

This fitnesspal thing is genius. I may quit weight watchers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN