Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Nutrisystem

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:30 AM
  • 8 Replies

I was looking at different plans and options for meals.  A girl in my office is currently doing Nutrisystem, and she swears by this program.  Has anyone ever tried Nutrisystem?  If so how is the food and what did you do for excersise?

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sugarfox72
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:35 AM
My grandma did it for over a year and as soon as she got off of it she gained the weight back and then some... Its great while you are on it but she would tell you to save your money and to just cook healthy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alohi
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:43 AM

That is what i was thinking.  I am already in the Healthy cooking mode and eating 5-6 small meals a day.   FIgured it is pretty much the same thing, just they send you the food so you have less feedom in what you eat. 

Quoting sugarfox72:

My grandma did it for over a year and as soon as she got off of it she gained the weight back and then some... Its great while you are on it but she would tell you to save your money and to just cook healthy.

sugarfox72
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:54 AM
She also said the food was so terrible! Lol

Quoting alohi:

That is what i was thinking.  I am already in the Healthy cooking mode and eating 5-6 small meals a day.   FIgured it is pretty much the same thing, just they send you the food so you have less feedom in what you eat. 

Quoting sugarfox72:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I'd prefer learning healthy habits, and learning what foods I like that are healthy and how much of them to eat so that the weight STAYS off.  There are TONS of ways to lose weight out there, but few are permanent, and so they just feed into the yo-yo dieting thing.  I think you're right to focus on real foods and smaller more frequent meals.  I eat clean, and those are among the main points of it.  I'm really happy with it, and I've learned SO much along the way.

Good luck!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Silvertears1275
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:10 AM

My boss has done it several times.  She would lose weight, but once she stopped eating their food she would gain it right back.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:42 AM

I've never tried it mama...good luck!

wahmx3
by Shelley on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:14 AM

You likely won't buy their food forever, so much better to focus on what you are doing....real food in a real world! Portion control, weigh and measure your food, exercise, lots of water, and as clean as you can.

deputygirls28
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:18 AM
My dad did it and lost about 85 lbs. he has kept it off for 3 years. It's more about training and teaching you how to eat. If you don't continue to stick to those rules then yea, you'll gain the weight back. I tried it for two weeks and lost 5 lbs (due to a family emergency I got off track and couldn't he back into the routine)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN