Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Emergency help!!!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:58 AM
  • 14 Replies
Ok I sprained my wrist last night and have to be in a splint for awhile, would I be ok to take it off for my exercises? A few calls for a 3 lb weight? Im scared this is going to throw me way back off course! :((
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
schultzal
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't. You risk making the injury worse, or preventing it from healing. 

Yuriko_chan
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:14 AM

I wouldn't do any weights or exercises with that hand. I know it's tough because you don't want to get behind. I did the same thing, didn't listen, and still lifted weights (3 lbs) and I ended up making it way worse. Don't make my mistake!

Mrs.BAT
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Leave it on! Trust me on this one, you don't want to take the risk of making it worse. Just do cardio ad work on your lower body and core until the wrist is better. Taking it a little easier for a while is a lot easier to deal with than a worse injury to your wrist that will set you back even more.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:45 AM

Nope, leave it on and take it easy with that wrist...you don't want to make it worse!  Hugs mama!

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:26 AM
2 moms liked this

NO!!!! 

You have a sprain. You do NOT use that wrist or else you can cause a stress fracture. Do you want to be in a cast for 6 weeks because you pulled weights on a sprain? It is a very bad idea. 

Focus on eating cleanly and do cardio that does not utilize that wrist until given the go ahead. Look, I know it sucks, I've done the whole crutches thing before, but you have to know when to take a break or you risk further injury. It is not worth it- BTDT..ask the girls..they can tell you that I'm the queen of overdoing it-especially while injured. I've learned over the years..don't learn from my mistakes. LOL 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

emilyrosenj
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I would stay off of it! 

N_maricle
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:28 PM
2 moms liked this
Have to agree with the peanut gallery. Do not use that wrist! Do the treadmill or elliptical instead:) you can still burn lots of calories. Look on the bright side, at least it's not your ankle!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Vi-girl
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I wouldn't use it! What work out are you doing? Replace it with some lower body stuff, squats or jumping jacks or lunges.

caterpilar
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:43 PM
I agree with the other ladies. Let it rest and heal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prego_jessi
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Quoting Vi-girl:

I wouldn't use it! What work out are you doing? Replace it with some lower body stuff, squats or jumping jacks or lunges.

I've been doing Jillian michaels body revolution, I thought about doing the cardio every other day till I can do weights
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)