Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Your experience doing The Color Run

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:32 AM
  • 10 Replies

June 1st I will be doing my first ever run/walk. It's "The Color Run". It looks amazingly fun. My sister and I are doing it together. I am very excited! I would like to hear about your experiences doing "The Color Run". Thanks!

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Good luck mama!  I've never done one:)

Bl3ss3dMommi
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:39 AM
There's a few closer to me so I'm wondering to!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Silvertears1275
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:42 AM

I did one in November, and it was a blast!  It was insanely crowded and it will take a very long time to get to the start unless you get there very early, but the people watching makes it not seem to long =)  But once you get going, it's great. 

cherylmoore
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:19 AM
I want to do one but never so far. They have one here in the fall so hopefully I'll be ready by then
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I wanted to do one here but it was too expensive.  

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Yay!!!  I was supposed to do the one in Sacramento this past August, but we had something else that had to be done that day.  It looks like so much fun!  Enjoy!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

brrmom81
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Really? How much was it? It's $40 here.

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Quoting brrmom81:

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

I think it was $80 but not sure.

brrmom81
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Ya. $80 a bit too much. I'm grateful I can afford to do this one at $40 otherwise I probally couldn't do it.

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

Quoting brrmom81:

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

I think it was $80 but not sure.

RMT1995
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I did it last year, it was the first time they held it in New England. I was NOT impressed, and probably will try Color Me Rad instead. Color Run wasn't well organized at ALL - so bad that I emailed them to share my experience and they refunded my and my daughter's entry fee.

Some things that needed improvement - first of all, it wasn't a 5k! It was short, someone logged it as 2.8 miles. Some might not think that's a big deal, but to those of us who log calories and were using it as their daily workout, it's something.

They started in one location and ended in another, which was weird. I did the Warrior Dash in the same location the year before and it was a loop - which is preferable because you can check your bag/stuff. Color Run had no bag check, so you got all of your stuff when you check in (bag, Tshirt, samples, etc) and had to carry it with you. Those with kids had to carry their things too. Pain in the butt!

Finally, they really messed up on the buses back to the parking area - it was over an hour in the 90 degree sun waiting for buses. This was advertised as a family event, so there were young kids, babies in strollers, older folks with their kids/grandkids ... people were taken out by ambulance because it was just too much for some.

There were other little things that I brushed off, but I don't think I'll do one again ... or I'll wait a few years until they work out the kinks. I heard the next day they worked out some of the problems, which was good to hear. If they've done it a few times in your area, they've probably got it down and you'll love it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN