Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Hi everyone

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:04 AM
  • 8 Replies
I'm not really new to the group, I left and came back. Last time I was here dh and I joined a gym. But due to some things beyond our control we quit. Back on 12-24 I got on a scale I was at 220 I decided then I needed to change that. Started eating healthy, walking more, more physical stuff. Well on 12-30 I got back on a scale it said 216. So over a week I lost 4 pounds. On 1-9 I got back on the scale at a routine doc appt. it showed 202. I dropped another 10 pounds. I asked me doc if that was ok. He said dropping to much is not good. So I slowed down on the weight loss. On 1-19 I went to buy new pants. I down to a size 18, I have not been and 18 in almost 4 years now. I have an appt to go back next week to see If I am still dropping weight like crazy or has it slowed down.

I know 14 pounds is a lot but I'm happy, I have no been under 200 in about 6 years. Dh told me that he can see I'm loading weight.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
emilyrosenj
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Keep up the good work and make sure you are eating enough!
mom_of_one_2010
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Thank you.

I eat fruits as a snack when I want something fast I can grab and munch on when i want something but don't feel like cooking anything and with fruit it's grab and go & having a 2 year old he helps keep me busy

Quoting emilyrosenj:

Keep up the good work and make sure you are eating enough!

momof3jam
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Omg congrats!!! Hitting the Under-200 mark is a HUGE milestone. I've danced around it over and under so many times.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Congrats mama!  Welcome:)

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:29 AM
I have lost 9 pounds in 20 days. I'm worried its to fast too. But as long as we are eating healthy and not eating below our BMR should be good!
CONGRATS
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma1708
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:33 AM

That is awesome! Keep it up! I hope your dr has good news because this is great stuff as long as it isn't unhealthy 

caterpilar
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Congratulations! I just started trying to lose weight again too. I lost 10 pounds this week! I was not trying to lose that much. I wasn't even counting calories. I was just having fun with my workouts and went back to eating clean. As long as you aren't starving yourself, it should be fine. A lot of people lose a lot the first couple of weeks and then it slows down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Great job, mama!!!  Keep at it!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)