Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

My first green juice

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:28 AM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hey ladies. Just want to post about my first green juice. I used 2 oranges, 2 kiwi, half of a mango, half of lemon a whole lot of spinach (doesnt work too well in my juicer) and broccoli. It was actually really good. Right after I felt a little nauseous. I think that was mostly mental though.. Right now I feel a little high..lol not sure what that's all about. To tell the truth I'm not a fresh fruit or vegetable eater. I eat salads once in a while and I'll eat an apple or banana here and there but that's about it. I do love fruits and vegetables but I rather go for the not so healthy stuff. Hopefully that's about to change.

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ChocolateJunky
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I love green smoothies. My favorite one to make is spinach, berries, and a banana. If I'm wanting a little protein kick, I'll toss in a scoop of greek yogurt. I never thought about adding broccoli. I think I might try that one out.

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Could you taste the spinach and broccoli?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstricey
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I could taste the broccoli very faintly.

Quoting beadingmom17:

Could you taste the spinach and broccoli?

mstricey
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I need a blender. I like bananas but they dont go in the juicer. I just cleaned the juicer out and the spinach didnt juice hardly at all. I used about 8 cups and only got maybe a tablespoon of juice. Total waste and my juicer is a Jack Lalanne (sp).

Quoting ChocolateJunky:

I love green smoothies. My favorite one to make is spinach, berries, and a banana. If I'm wanting a little protein kick, I'll toss in a scoop of greek yogurt. I never thought about adding broccoli. I think I might try that one out.

ChocolateJunky
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I just got one of those personal blenders that you can drink straight out of when you're done. I think it's a Hamilton Beach? Not very expensive. I want to say it was around $15.

Quoting mstricey:

I need a blender. I like bananas but they dont go in the juicer. I just cleaned the juicer out and the spinach didnt juice hardly at all. I used about 8 cups and only got maybe a tablespoon of juice. Total waste and my juicer is a Jack Lalanne (sp).

Quoting ChocolateJunky:

mstricey
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:53 AM

That's pretty cheap. I'll have to look around for one. Thank you,

Quoting ChocolateJunky:

I just got one of those personal blenders that you can drink straight out of when you're done. I think it's a Hamilton Beach? Not very expensive. I want to say it was around $15.

Quoting mstricey:

Quoting ChocolateJunky:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)