Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Trying to decide on a good goal weight. Posting pictures for input.

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:39 PM
  • 43 Replies

Last year was absolutely terrible. I gained back some of the weight that I had lost. I got my butt back in gear and I am working on losing again.

I had lost 116 pounds and wanted to lose 15-20 more. Looking back on my progress pictures I'm starting to think that my goal weight was unrealistic. I am posting pictures in the hopes that I can get some input from you ladies.

I have a lot of excess skin. I am wearing underwear in the pictures. If you don't want to see that, turn back now!

Here is before pic so that you can see where I started from(and hopefully won't judge me so harshly).

*Gulp* I can't believe that I am actually posting these! This was me at 142.

This is a pic of the back of my legs. I cropped it because too much of my butt was showing. lol

I think most of my problem is extra skin and not fat. I'm not sure if it would have been possible for me to lose 20 pounds at that point. I was a size 6 in pants, XS in shirts and a 32C. I definitely needed more toning but not sure how much weight I had left to lost. What do you think would be a healthy goal weight for me? I want to add that I am 5'4 and a large frame and am naturally more muscular.

♥Pilar

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bigred1058
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:51 PM
I think 140/135 with muscle built up would be great for you. Possibly even up to 150lbs. Building muscle will make a huge difference! Good luck
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nlonnon
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:53 PM

I think you look great in the pictures.  Maybe just focus on toning when you get back to where you want to be and I think you'll see inches come off that way if not pounds.  And who in their right mind would judge you???!!!  

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Balls on fire you look awesome
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
caterpilar
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you for replying. I am planning on lifting heavier weights this time around. I want to be strong and healthy.

Quoting bigred1058:

I think 140/135 with muscle built up would be great for you. Possibly even up to 150lbs. Building muscle will make a huge difference! Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caterpilar
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Thank you! I am insecure about the skin and stretch marks. I would probably be ripped to shreds in any other group. I am thinking about shooting for 140. I wanted to at least get to 138 but I don't know if it's possible because I want to build more muscle. I think 140 freaks me out because it is so close to the top of the healthy weight range. I have to get over the numbers.

Quoting nlonnon:

I think you look great in the pictures.  Maybe just focus on toning when you get back to where you want to be and I think you'll see inches come off that way if not pounds.  And who in their right mind would judge you???!!!  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caterpilar
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Thanks. Unfortunately, I've gained a considerable amount of weight back since these were taken. Next time I get to 142 I'll look even better. ;)

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Balls on fire you look awesome
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:32 PM

You look amazing, Pilar!!  I think maybe a focus on strength training will help some.  I know I have loose skin, too.  Those darn 100+ lb losses!  =)  I have a hard time telling what's skin and what's fat at this point.  I still have more fat to lose, but there's definitely muscle tone under the loose skin, which is frustrating, because I want it to show.

What are your fitness goals?  Maybe by aiming for something more fitness related, you'll find youself where you want to be.  Shifting your focus from the numbers on the scale to improving your running times or weights lifted might help.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

itsm3
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:43 PM

i owuldn't focus too much on a "weight" but more of a size.  you have the same build as me (muscular, athletic build) and i'm healthiest at 130lbs-135lbs but if i were to not weight train, then i would be around 120/125lbs. 

i'm also a size 2/4 pants and XS/S shirt/dress size. 

missy--kay
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Pilar ~

You look great!!! Congrats on all the hard work!

caterpilar
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Well, I need to lose weight to get back to where I was in these pics. I gained a bunch back with the stress of everything last year. I'm thinking that somewhere around 140 is probably good for me. I remember looking at these pictures and thinking that I had so much left to lose but looking at them now I think I was close to my final goal.

I am trying to focus more of fitness goals and healthy eating and less on the numbers this time. I am working on building endurance and improving my running time right now. I am going to focus on strength training a little further down the line. The cardio is really helping me work out my frustrations right now.

I'm learning to accept my body for what it is. My body does not fit the norm and it doesn't like following the timeline that I set for it. I'll never have a supermodel body and I am totally fine with that. :)

Quoting musicpisces:

You look amazing, Pilar!!  I think maybe a focus on strength training will help some.  I know I have loose skin, too.  Those darn 100+ lb losses!  =)  I have a hard time telling what's skin and what's fat at this point.  I still have more fat to lose, but there's definitely muscle tone under the loose skin, which is frustrating, because I want it to show.

What are your fitness goals?  Maybe by aiming for something more fitness related, you'll find youself where you want to be.  Shifting your focus from the numbers on the scale to improving your running times or weights lifted might help.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN