Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

OT Pics From Trip to MO (PIOG)

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:54 PM
  • 6 Replies
2 moms liked this

Last weekend, we traveled to MO for a family reunion/memorial service for my maternal grandmother.  She passed away on 29 Dec 2012 about six weeks past her 90th birthday.  Every one of her surviving children and their assorted families managed to be there, including a herculinian efffort on our parts.  In three days, my family traveled 1200 miles, criss crossed three states and 2 time zones, all to be with my family for about 7 hours.  Hardly seems worth it but it was.  My grandmother leaves behind an incredible legacy:  4 children, 9 grand children, and 7 (so far) great grand children.

Fluffy pink baby.  I adore the trail of food behind her.  That dress was TRASHED by the end of the day.  Between cookie, cheese, brisket, and assorted veggies, I don't think I'll ever get the stains out.

Chance is part of the 4th generation of boys to be photographed in this suit.  :-)

I'm wearing red in the back, holding my 10 mo old; my middle child is wearing pink next to grandma and my son is the one in the stripped shirt who looks like a male model.  LOL

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Silvertears1275
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:00 PM

It looks like you had a great time with your family, I'm sorry it had to be under those circumstances though.  Lovely pictures!

eema.gray
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:09 PM
It was wonderful to all be together. It's been more than a decade since we've had everybody together at the same time.

Quoting Silvertears1275:

It looks like you had a great time with your family, I'm sorry it had to be under those circumstances though.  Lovely pictures!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eema.gray
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:17 PM
I actually did pretty good, food wise:-) . Had pastries at one hotel and ice cream during the reception but stuck with nourishing food rather than poor choices the rest of the time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:46 AM

Great pictures mama!

sophiesmom07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Aww, lovely family! Wow, that's pretty cool about the suit.  Thanks for sharing the pics! 

eema.gray
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:52 AM

You're welcome.  :-)  I think my three are pretty special but I always chalk that up to maternal bias and try not to draw too much attention, LOL.  However, I had a room full of my cousins and their parents telling me the same thing so maybe mine are just a little more special than average.  

Quoting sophiesmom07:

Aww, lovely family! Wow, that's pretty cool about the suit.  Thanks for sharing the pics! 

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)