Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

He won't admit it, but.....

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:45 PM
  • 28 Replies
I don't think DH is attracted to me like he used to be :( .... He called me from offshore and I was telling him how excited I was because I found a Christian weight loss book and how it made so much sense and will be easy to apply. Then I told him I know he isn't as attracted to me as he used to be and he didn't respond. I told him I was sorry and it wasn't fair to him that I have gained so
much weight again he said nothing. Finally I said something and he said no baby you are beautiful, but I know it's because he didn't want me to feel
bad. I know he is still attracted to me to some degree, but I want him to look at me the way he used to :( ..... Idk guess I just needed to vent. On a good note I think I've lost a few pounds :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:48 PM
2 moms liked this
Maybe he just wasn't sure what to say? I think sometimes guys are afraid to say the wrong thing when it comes to our weight, lol! He was probably trying to not get himself in trouble! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleigh24
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:51 PM
I agree!!

Quoting beadingmom17:

Maybe he just wasn't sure what to say? I think sometimes guys are afraid to say the wrong thing when it comes to our weight, lol! He was probably trying to not get himself in trouble! :)
3lilladies81
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Haha that's a good possibility and there was a lot of commotion in the background too. Is it wrong that I want him to sorta feel that way to give me a push?? My mom swears that he likes me big I just can't wrap my head around that notion.

Quoting beadingmom17:

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I honestly believe that we are much more critical of and concerned about our weight than our men are. DH is constantly telling me I'm sexy and beautiful (and trying to cop a feel when he can...men!) and I'm all like "Who the hell are you looking at?!" Lol!

Quoting 3lilladies81:

Haha that's a good possibility and there was a lot of commotion in the background too. Is it wrong that I want him to sorta feel that way to give me a push?? My mom swears that he likes me big I just can't wrap my head around that notion.

Quoting beadingmom17:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3lilladies81
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Lol yea you gotta love them :)

Quoting beadingmom17:

I honestly believe that we are much more critical of and concerned about our weight than our men are. DH is constantly telling me I'm sexy and beautiful (and trying to cop a feel when he can...men!) and I'm all like "Who the hell are you looking at?!" Lol!

Quoting 3lilladies81:

Quoting beadingmom17:

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this
You know what even if he isn't (which isure isn't the case) this is your starting point you CAN reach your goal!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Big hugs mama!

Silvertears1275
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I think he probably just wasn't sure how to respond.  I know my husband won't complement me on my weight loss without adding "but I thought you looked just fine before" to the end.  Guys are funny.

RheaF
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe he really is still just as attracted to you, he just didn't know how to convince you? I felt the same as you for a long time. I hated myself and what I allowed myself to become. I was convinced DH didn't find me attractive anymore. That was so far from the case. He still found me very attractive, he just didn't know how to show it since I would shoot down his compliments when he gave them. He eventually gave up trying to make me feel beautiful(because I didn't feel that way about myself, I couldn;t see how anyone else could). Since then I have lost a little, but not much. However, I feel so much better about mayself. I got to the root of my problems which was not weight. Now, even though I am maybe only 10 pounds lighter, DH cannot keep his hands off me. He compliments me all the time(more than he did when I was a size 8).

SO, it may just be in your head and he just doesn't know what to say.

Monsita
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this

hugsI totally understand what you are saying....and yes, it is probably true that he just did not know what to say.....the great news is that you are taking care of you and now he knows!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)