Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Newbie to the group looking for support

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:52 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi everyone, I'm Suzanne. I am 5'3" and weigh 220. I have 2 beautiful daughters who are going to graduate from high school this year. Everything from high blood pressure to heart disease and cancer run on both sides of my family. With my weight and stress levels (i've been unemployed for over a year and actively seeking employment) I am a ticking time bomb. I love my kids and am a single mom. I don't want to leave them to their dad's devices if something were to ever happen to me. I need to lose some serious weight but get so discouraged when my scale jumps up and down with no consistency even when I am working my hardest.

I hope this will help me find my motivation to get there for myself and my girls.

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome, Suzanne, I'm Suzanne, too!  =)

You can do this!  I was 269 lbs when I started, developing high blood pressure with a family history like yours.  Now I'm in the 160s and running long distance!

Do you have a plan?  I have a few journals that might get you started (just click the links below):

Clean eating

What's working for me

Tips

Resources

Good luck!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Suzanne2013
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Thank you Suzanne!! I can't tell you how encouraging this is for me!! Someone who understands exactly what I'm going through. I am going to start my new year, new me tonight by taking a look through these journals and putting together a plan to implement tomorrow.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:19 AM

Welcome to the group!

MamaKarrot
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Welcome to the group! I joined about a year and a half ago almost exactly at your weight (221 lbs) and I have lost 50 lbs.  You can definitely do this! This group has been my support through it all.  I logged my calories on myfitnesspal.com (free and AWESOME - I eat about 1600-2000 on a daily basis, so no hunger here) and tried to get some activity in every day.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN