Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Newbie!!!

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:36 AM
  • 12 Replies

Hi to my fellow cafe mom's I'm new to this group my name is Bridgette but people call me bre for short.. I weigh 209 and its all in my stomach Regine I hate it  I have a son who is 16 , daughter that is 8 and another son that is 7. I was born in Ohio but raised in Arizona, but now I'm back in Ohio helping to take care of my wonderful mother :)... I came to this group because I need to lose weight lol I'm tired of being chunky and its not good for my health. I have tried dieting before but I never could finish I always fell off the wagon to many times :)  I guess its because I have tried everything and it seems not to work... the type of eater I seem to be is go all day and barley eat nothing and then all of sudden when night comes I'm on the hunt for food its getting ridiculous lol . I;m looking to make new friends in this group and maybe get some help and ideas of losing weight from other member's.

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Silvertears1275
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:37 AM

Welcome!  I think your first goal is to try to eat breakfast and lunch so that you don't go crazy at night. Your body needs fuel or you won't lose weight.  Start tracking your calories and moving around more, and you're on your way!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:18 AM

Welcome to the group!

TattoomamaPink
by New Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Thanks! but I have notice to even when eating breakfast I'm always hungrey late at night :( I wish I could eat dinner and that be it but no I get so hungrey at night its insane! 

Quoting Silvertears1275:

Welcome!  I think your first goal is to try to eat breakfast and lunch so that you don't go crazy at night. Your body needs fuel or you won't lose weight.  Start tracking your calories and moving around more, and you're on your way!

TattoomamaPink
by New Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Thank you :)

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Welcome to the group!

mem82
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:59 AM
I am just like that, too. I got rid of all the munchies in the house and got some healthy alternatives. I also tend to have calories left to use at night so it can be guilt free noming.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Oh, stop by the Ohio Mom's group. 8) we're very friendly.
QueenieAbby
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Good morning, Bre, and welcome! We're here to help and motivate you to get on the health track.  Just from reading what you have been doing is probably part of the problem.  Eating throughout the day at regular intervals is the best way to keep the overeating at night at bay.  Besides, eating healthy, balanced meals at regular intervals (every 3-4 hours) will nourish your body and tell your brain that it's getting food on a regular basis so that it helps your metabolism stay at its strongest.  You can do this! 

TattoomamaPink
by New Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Thanks for the welcome! where can I find this ohio group?

Quoting mem82:

Oh, stop by the Ohio Mom's group. 8) we're very friendly.

mem82
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Just do a group search for Ohio Mom's. I am on mobile so I don't think my signatures with links show up.
TattoomamaPink
by New Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Thanks !! I'm going to have to try something because I'm already a pre-diabetic and it runs on both my moms and dad side. I do have another confession to make I love soda and I have tryed to cut down and even switch to diet and I seem to always run back to soda I think I drink about a 12 pack in 2 days. I know gross right I feel disgusted by myself when I think how much soda I drink!!

Quoting QueenieAbby:

Good morning, Bre, and welcome! We're here to help and motivate you to get on the health track.  Just from reading what you have been doing is probably part of the problem.  Eating throughout the day at regular intervals is the best way to keep the overeating at night at bay.  Besides, eating healthy, balanced meals at regular intervals (every 3-4 hours) will nourish your body and tell your brain that it's getting food on a regular basis so that it helps your metabolism stay at its strongest.  You can do this! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)