Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New Year Weight Loss Challenge Day 20: Veggie-licious!

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:59 AM
  • 237 Replies

Welcome to Day 20 of the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!

It's Veggie-licious!

Vegtables are a vital part of any healthy diet and should make up about 50% of your plate during meals.Today and for the rest of the month, Im going to challenge you to 'color your plate'. Step out of your veggie comfort zone and try something new.  Go beyond basic green veggies, try something red, yellow, purple or orange.

Do you like veggies?
Do you serve vegtables at every meal?
What are your favorite go to veggie dishes?
What 'colorful' veggies have you not tried, that you are willing to do this month?

happy new year One member who signs up for our New Year Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign up for the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizmeek
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:20 AM
I don't like them but kids and hubby loves them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjbennett26
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:32 AM
I love them and my kids are pretty good about eating them
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Neon1980
by Carrie on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:34 AM
I like some veggies but I don't eat nearly enough. We are stuck in a rut of peas, corn and carrots. Occasionally I buy beets but my kids don't like them very much. I bought an avocado at the store this week but have not used it yet. I am definitely willing to veer from my comfort zone and try something new.
copper
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:34 AM

I love veggies!  I don't always eat a lot of veggies .  I love raw veggies and dip!  I want to try artichokes but haven't yet!

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:35 AM
We love veggies! Especially my girls. My youngest dd (3) would eat red bell peppers, tomatoes and cucumbers all day if you let her!
qslaqhay
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Love veggies

Yes. I always hae veggies in my meals & for smacks!!
I like celery sticks! I could eat a whole pack in a seat.
Mmmm veggie soup. Love it

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Welcome to Day 20 of the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!

It's Veggie-licious!

Vegtables are a vital part of any healthy diet and should make up about 50% of your plate during meals.Today and for the rest of the month, Im going to challenge you to 'color your plate'. Step out of your veggie comfort zone and try something new.  Go beyond basic green veggies, try something red, yellow, purple or orange.

Do you like veggies?
Do you serve vegtables at every meal?
What are your favorite go to veggie dishes?
What 'colorful' veggies have you not tried, that you are willing to do this month?

happy new year One member who signs up for our New Year Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign up for the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

momma1708
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:38 AM

We have veggies every night at dinner. I love them. We generally have green beans or corn or broccoli. I love to have spiniach.... is that a veggie? If so then I bet my salads count.... What about red bell and green peppers? Carrots are pretty awesome..... I am more into veggies than I am fruit. 

sophiesmom07
1 mom liked this

I love veggies! My family, doesn't like them :(  I have lots of favorites.  Eggplant , either grilled or in a low fat version of eggplant parm , roasted cauliflower,  roasted yellow, orange and red peppers, steamed brocolli and carrots, cucumber, and my new favorite, roasted green beans. 

I am not too familiar with a lot of the leafy greens, like kale.

Blessed2bpreggo

I loved cooked veggies, raw veggies with ranch dip, I just love veggies altogether!!!! They are yummy and good for you.

wvmckinney
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:39 AM
I love most veggies - cooked or raw. I don't serve veggies with breakfast usually unless it's spinach., but lunch and dinner have veggies. I will try most veggies. I love asparagus drizzled with a little olive oil and sprinkled with a little shredded parmesan cheese.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN