Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Year Weight Loss Challenge Day 20: Veggie-licious!

Welcome to Day 20 of the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!

It's Veggie-licious!

Vegtables are a vital part of any healthy diet and should make up about 50% of your plate during meals.Today and for the rest of the month, Im going to challenge you to 'color your plate'. Step out of your veggie comfort zone and try something new.  Go beyond basic green veggies, try something red, yellow, purple or orange.

Do you like veggies?
Do you serve vegtables at every meal?
What are your favorite go to veggie dishes?
What 'colorful' veggies have you not tried, that you are willing to do this month?

happy new year One member who signs up for our New Year Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign up for the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:59 AM
Replies (231-237):
mrsap2008
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:26 PM

we try and put veggies with every meal

ajandfour
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Veggies are great.  I just bought a bag of whole carrots instead of those peeled "baby" carrots I usually get.  What a difference in taste!!!!  What do they do when they peel those carrots, remove the taste too?

ashleywagoner
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Love em...and yes! We eat a lot if peas, potatoes, corn. We also eat lots of salad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supergirl_mommy
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:47 PM
We love veggies it's a must or the kids are sure to let me know lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jacqalyn
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:31 AM
I love veggies.
I just tried brussle sprouts for the first time and they were great. Will be adding those to more of my menus.
Mdmooch
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:50 AM

We love veggies here.  We have a salad with every meal.  I don't eat meat so we have lots of veggies every day.  I like roasted veggies and salads.

mommy2kaelynn
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I like veggies - but have a unique allergy. I am allergic to Chlorophyl, so I cannot eat anything green. With the exception of celery, iceberg lettuce, and hearts of romaine, everything else is off limits. I love red, orange, and yellow peppers, onions, carrots, and celery though, and eat a lot of those.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)