Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

NEED HELP AN Friends

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:19 PM
  • 18 Replies
hello my name is Yollanda everybody calls my yollys or jojo i'm 26 I'm trying to lose 40 to 50 lb by my birthday in june if it's possible I would like a workout buddy or would love any advice on how I can do it now I'm home all the time with my 2 boys
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojo_382
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:20 PM
I live in Lake Worth Florida

Quoting jojo_382:

hello my name is Yollanda everybody calls my yollys or jojo i'm 26 I'm trying to lose 40 to 50 lb by my birthday in june if it's possible I would like a workout buddy or would love any advice on how I can do it now I'm home all the time with my 2 boys

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Welcome!  I live in Kentucky but I lost 85 lbs in a year and a half counting calories and I worked out at home 5-6 days per week after my 2 boys went to bed.  I go to the gym on my lunch break now.

Good luck!

jojo_382
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Oh thanks so much

Quoting Stefanie83:

Welcome!  I live in Kentucky but I lost 85 lbs in a year and a half counting calories and I worked out at home 5-6 days per week after my 2 boys went to bed.  I go to the gym on my lunch break now.

Good luck!

frecklesthehen
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

welcome! diet is a major part of weight loss, if you dont change it you wont lose any weight. i usually suggest to start small and slowly change, give yourself a chance to get used to healthier things. soda is my first suggestion to get rid of. depending on how much you drink it can save you 150 calories and up.. i would drink 3 cans a day, thats 450 calories!

as for your goals... how tall are you and what are you starting at? i would love to lose 30 pounds, but with where im at that is unrealistic, so make sure your goals make sense. you night want 50lb, but you might look better at 40 than 50. there is such a thing as too much loss.

also, this group is pretty avid on no quick fixes, no gimicks, and no pills. if it promises huge numbers fast, it probably isnt "healthy weight loss" and that's what we are.

how old are your boys? i would recomend working out at home either before they get up, during nap time, or after bed time. it gets harder if they sleep at akward times tho. you can also add in things for them to do with you. my kids like to dance with me. so i'll play some songs on youtube and we will all wiggle around (mine are 4,2, and 2 weeks). older kids can play the Kinect, or Wii with you, or even do some DVDs. There are youtube videos too you can watch for free, or if you have netflix you can stream quite a few. i used to hook the laptop up to the tv to make the screen bigger, if you dont want to work out to a conputer screen, or netflix is avaliable on the PS3 and i think the XBox (not sure tho, i dont use that as much).

good luck with your journey! let is know if you have any specific questions :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
jojo_382
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:55 PM
I do not drink sodas. Because it's not really good for me I'm not supposed to be eating wheat which it's kinda hard with the food out there bc am guess alot of thing have wheat in it I don't know how do all that too I have ADD so I still don't know how to figure out how I should eat I kno am supose to eat a lil more then regular ppl an all so I'm 4'9 and I weigh 180 my boys r 1 an 3yrs old so my wight is supposed to be 100 to 110 if am correct

Quoting frecklesthehen:

welcome! diet is a major part of weight loss, if you dont change it you wont lose any weight. i usually suggest to start small and slowly change, give yourself a chance to get used to healthier things. soda is my first suggestion to get rid of. depending on how much you drink it can save you 150 calories and up.. i would drink 3 cans a day, thats 450 calories!

as for your goals... how tall are you and what are you starting at? i would love to lose 30 pounds, but with where im at that is unrealistic, so make sure your goals make sense. you night want 50lb, but you might look better at 40 than 50. there is such a thing as too much loss.

also, this group is pretty avid on no quick fixes, no gimicks, and no pills. if it promises huge numbers fast, it probably isnt "healthy weight loss" and that's what we are.

how old are your boys? i would recomend working out at home either before they get up, during nap time, or after bed time. it gets harder if they sleep at akward times tho. you can also add in things for them to do with you. my kids like to dance with me. so i'll play some songs on youtube and we will all wiggle around (mine are 4,2, and 2 weeks). older kids can play the Kinect, or Wii with you, or even do some DVDs. There are youtube videos too you can watch for free, or if you have netflix you can stream quite a few. i used to hook the laptop up to the tv to make the screen bigger, if you dont want to work out to a conputer screen, or netflix is avaliable on the PS3 and i think the XBox (not sure tho, i dont use that as much).

good luck with your journey! let is know if you have any specific questions :)

fortheboys1218
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Hi there, not sure where Lake Worth is , but I am in Deltona,Fla I have started my weight loss journey this last week. I am 36 and have a 19 yr old and a 3 yr old. I have lost 3lbs this week just by cutting the soda and eating protein only for this week. next week I will start to add a few veggies and friuts that are low carb , and continue to add carbs back into my life in VERY SMALL portions. I know as  mom, you may not notice but I did what most moms do and that was eating after my kids were done, and left a little bit of this and that behind , as i didnt want to waste that , well not wasting caused my waist to double in size!! Be mindfull of the little things and try to use artificial sweetners instead of sugar and a soy or ALMOND MILK  instead of cows milk. As for working out the best time is at naptime, but even better is do it with the little ones, start slow and work your way up at what ever you want to do , and youll burn a few extra calories laughing at your little ones imitating you while you as you work out !! I ride my bike around the block with my 3 yr old and then we do basic yoga and palaties he loves that ball !!

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Welcome to the group Yollanda! 

Depending on your starting weight, losing 9-10 lbs per month can be attainable and healthy. 

You will find that many of the ladies in the group track calories. You can do this easily at: www.myfitnesspal.com, www.sparkpeople.com, or www.livestrong.com

The next thing is to analyze your diet. What do you eat? How much? How often? Do you drink your calories? 

The main things to be sure you are getting are: lean proteins, produce and water. These things will supply macronutrients and micronutrients for your body. 

Lean proteins: chicken, turkey, seafood, lean beef, lean pork, eggs

Produce: fresh and frozen...avoid canned

Healthy fats: olive oil, ghee ( clarified butter), coconut oil, avocado, nuts, nut butters

Whole grains: if you choose to consume them

Dairy: if you choose to consume it. 

Water- the general guideline is to take your weight and divide by 2. This is how many oz you should drink daily. 

Exercise: Find something that you enjoy!! This will make it easier to stick with. DVDs are very easy to find and are affordable. You can also find workouts on youtube, On Demand and Netflix. Strength training is just as important as cardio. As you build muscle, you will begin to torch more calories at rest and during workouts. 

Believe in yourself. You can do this!

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

jojo_382
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:08 PM
well I am lactose intolerant so I don't drink regular milk soda I don't drink cause I'm not a big fan of it I prefer water but I after my second son I feel like I don't want water I don't really drink anything else but tea like green tea like Arizona green tea but I switched it to make it at home or sweet leaft tea to but I started to drink less of it 2 or oranges juice for other juices I am Not Found with it I don't like anything really sweet like if I buy a candy bar ill take 1 or 2 bit an thats it that's kinda why my husband don't buy me sweets anymore lol he's not a big fan of chocolate so so it will stay there forever just like my kids Halloween candy they don't get into it cause I don't let them and they don't ask for it
jojo_382
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:18 PM
could it b a possibility that I'm drinking way too much water I'm retaining water I all was buy bottle water an use to drink 5 to 6 16.9 bottle waters before I got tired of drinkin it bc am wight is supposed to be at 110
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Quoting jojo_382:

could it b a possibility that I'm drinking way too much water I'm retaining water I all was buy bottle water an use to drink 5 to 6 16.9 bottle waters before I got tired of drinkin it bc am wight is supposed to be at 110

No...drinking water is not going to cause that at all...it flushes your system. It is most likely linked to diet. Ditch the juice, watch your sodium, eat cleanly and workout and keep drinking the water. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN