Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

*sigh*

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:35 AM
  • 7 Replies

Well, I'm not sure what I've done to myself this time...

It started about a month ago... my left thumb started to go numb and I shrugged it off thinking it was no big deal. Unfortunately, it has remained numb and tingly- like when your hands go to sleep for instance. 

My mom saw something in her paper about peripheral neuropathy and said she did not know what it was, but I should research it.. okay mom... I went ahead and looked just to get her off my back... glad I looked. It is a pinched nerve and I have every symptom. So, I called my Ortho. I can't get in until Feb. 4th- 2 more weeks. 

The issue- the numbness is affecting my whole hand and forearm at times now... and I'm having dizzy spells as well. Dh is concerned as am I since my BP has elevated through all of this even taking my meds. *lovely*

I went to the Chiro yesterday and it seemed a little bit better until Dh massaged my neck last night to try and alleviate the knot that she found during my adjustment. Now, I can barely move my neck.. 

So, no workouts for me...<------- NOT GOOD since I'm a gym rat. I want to pull weights, but I can't due to the numbness issue and possible pinched nerve... not sure I can run due to my back and neck, soooooo....I'm stuck for right now... I'm peeved...big time.. how am I supposed to be a decent trainer if I can't stay healthy?!?!? 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mem82
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Maybe do leg lifts while sitting down?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Omg shut up you will be an excellent trainer! Injuries happen. I really feel for you. I know how heart breaking this is. You will find some way to keep active. Plus now you can work on making your eating even more awesome. I know that last sentence probably made you either want to cry or smack me. That's how I felt when people said it to me but they really had a point.
Im so sorry.
Xoxo
MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:26 PM
I agree wholeheartedly! You'll be a great trainer! Just take it easy for now until you're feeling better (I know I know, easier said than done).

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Omg shut up you will be an excellent trainer! Injuries happen. I really feel for you. I know how heart breaking this is. You will find some way to keep active. Plus now you can work on making your eating even more awesome. I know that last sentence probably made you either want to cry or smack me. That's how I felt when people said it to me but they really had a point.

Im so sorry.

Xoxo
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:05 PM

:( I'm so sorry Claire!  my coworker has a similar thing going on with numbness in her hand and her chiro is trying to work on it for her but says she may have to see an ortho too.

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:16 PM
:( oh no that really suck girl. HUGS
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lesgerm
by Leslie on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Aw man I'm sorry Claire!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilyrosenj
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:43 PM

A great trainer knows when to listen to their body and take it easy!  I think you will be great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)