Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Eating clean??

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:26 PM
  • 10 Replies
Tips please!! I know there are a few ladies in here that are clean.. What are the "rules" ?

((I want abs)):D
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:29 PM
3 moms liked this

The rules: here!

If you can, get your hands on anything by Tosca Reno.  I really liked The Eat Clean Diet: Recharged.  Clean Eating magazine (cleaneatingmag.com) has fantastic recipes.  Check out their website, too- they have some posted there, along with meal plans!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

MamaNeeNee
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting musicpisces:

The rules: here!

If you can, get your hands on anything by Tosca Reno.  I really liked The Eat Clean Diet: Recharged.  Clean Eating magazine (cleaneatingmag.com) has fantastic recipes.  Check out their website, too- they have some posted there, along with meal plans!

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:23 PM
3 moms liked this
I love it!
I started 23 days ago. I have lost 10 pounds, my acne is clear up and I don't crave sugar anymore. I find its been easy to stay away from junk food since starting I'm so greatful I did!
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Silvertears1275
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I started a week and a half ago and don't regret a thing so far.  I've had a few cravings, but it hasn't been nearly as bad as I thought it would be. 

itsm3
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:01 PM
3 moms liked this

as a general rule, avoid anything that comes out of a bag, box or can.

switch to whole grain pasta/rice if you eat grains

only fresh, wholesome foods that you cook at home

lots of lean protein (if you're not a vegetarian/vegan), fresh veggies & fruit; limited dairy

no processed foods -- eat the real stuff only... even if this is full-fat cheese, butter etc.  just watch your amounts

no (white) sugary products, no sugary drinks

those are the "rules" i follow. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep, these ladies have the right ideas!

MamaNeeNee
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Thanks... I do pretty well on the bag and box stuff (except cereal :-/) I'm concerned about the cans tho.. We usually eat canned veggies, almost everyday.. Along with a fresh for dinner.

I already eat all brown pasta and rice, and only drink probiotic yogurt/ eat Greek yogurt. Try to stay away from cheese (I love it tho)

Quit soda about 3 weeks ago??

I'll have to try to slowly wean out other thing or my family will FLIP! LoL

Quoting itsm3:

lots of lean protein (if you're not a vegetarian/vegan), fresh veggies & fruit; limited dairy

no processed foods -- eat the real stuff only... even if this is full-fat cheese, butter etc.  just watch your amounts

Vi-girl
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I have a goal of 80/20 for clean foods. I find that I look at food labels and cannot even stomach the thought of canned soups and boxed meals with so many ingredients. It can be challenging, espcially up North in the Winter but the better you eat the better you feel!

MamaNeeNee
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:20 AM
We don't do boxes meals or canned soup either :) fresh is soo expensive. I try hard for mostly fresh but I'm on a TIGHT food budget.

Quoting Vi-girl:

I have a goal of 80/20 for clean foods. I find that I look at food labels and cannot even stomach the thought of canned soups and boxed meals with so many ingredients. It can be challenging, espcially up North in the Winter but the better you eat the better you feel!

itsm3
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:09 PM

ditch the canned veggies... buy fresh and steam, grill, boil or bake.   anything in a can contains lots of preservatives to increase shelf life.  if you must, buy frozen veggies -- they are flash frozen so no preservatives. 

as for cheese -- buy real cheese, not that kraft crap.  goat cheese is very good for you but just watch how much you eat because they are high in calories.  i enjoy a few crumbles of greek feta and i buy real cheddar from the deli for dd's grill cheese sandwich. 

Quoting MamaNeeNee:

Thanks... I do pretty well on the bag and box stuff (except cereal :-/) I'm concerned about the cans tho.. We usually eat canned veggies, almost everyday.. Along with a fresh for dinner.

I already eat all brown pasta and rice, and only drink probiotic yogurt/ eat Greek yogurt. Try to stay away from cheese (I love it tho)

Quit soda about 3 weeks ago??

I'll have to try to slowly wean out other thing or my family will FLIP! LoL

Quoting itsm3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)