Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Kelly's Journal

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:04 PM
  • 29 Replies

Hey everyone, I'm Kelly. 

Starting weight: 239lbs

Current Weight: 234lbs

Plan I'm on: 1st time Weight Watcher's Online member. 

Goal Weight: 140lbs 

I began WW on January 15, 2013. I'm enjoying the program more than I thought I would because I reallly wasn't too excited about doing points and such but the online version is so easy and pretty much you can find food values for every single thing you eat. 

I normally wouldn't have paid for a program because there are obviously other ways to lose weight without spending money but I needed something structured and to sort of hold me accountable. I have already become very conscious of what I'm eating and plan my meals ahead of time instead of just winging it like I used to. This is also great for my BF and my daugther as they are also eating healthier with me, not so much by choice lol but they aren't complaining. 

I haven't put many restrictions as far as what I'm eating but I notice I'm not eating as many sweets, i'm cutting down on soda (I Love my Dr. Pepper). 

I haven't begun a routine workout yet just focusing on eating healthy and praying for a little warmer weather. 

Due to my and BF's work schedule I don't do the gym so I have to find some exercises at home that aren't going to bore me to death. 

I'm excited to share my story and hope to inspire and be inspired by all of the awesome moms on here! 

My actual weigh-in day will be on Tuesdays. And I plan to add measurements and pics as soon as I get some. 

Weigh-in progress: 

01/29/13 - 231

02/05/13 - 228

02/12/13 - 227

02/19/13 - 228

02/26/13 - 228

03/05/13 -226

04/16/13 - 231

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LexeesMama
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:01 PM

This is today...pardon the appearance lol just took these quick to get em up! 

LexeesMama
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Had my Honey Nut Cheerios for breakfast. I was in a rush this morning so I didn't grab my fruit for snack at work but just drinking water to subside the little hunger pains. 

Also got a call from a nurse with my lab results. Cholesterol is high (uh ya think?) I wasn't surprised but it has went up significantly so I'll be working on that at the same time. 

LexeesMama
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:39 PM

So I had grilled chicken salad for lunch and the Apple Pecan Salad from Wendys for dinner!

No workouts yet! 

Need to remember to bring snacks to work becauseI was too hungry between meals. 

Also stayed under my points for the day!

Jazzy2010
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Great start keep it up:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LexeesMama
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Was running a little late this morning so grabbed an Egg McMuffin...took the meat off and that still makes my point count for breakfast a little high but it's cool. I've eaten cereal all week pretty much for breaskfast so no biggie. I haven't used any of my weekly bonus points yet so that's cool.

This weekend I plan to map out a workout plan. I have to make myself like a chart lol on poster board. It helps me stick to my goals better! And the BF actually bought star stickers LOL to place on my calendar for when I do good. Hey he's participating and helping me along, I'm cool with that as silly as he seems to make it. 

ballerossandra
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

My goals is also 140

LexeesMama
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Multi Grain Cheerios Peanut Butter and a banana for breakfast today. I don't like reg. Multi Grain but these were good and didn't taste like a cardboard box. (not that i've eat cardboard boxes but i can only imagine it would be awful).

I'm going to do my measurements today and work on my workout poster board...maybe even do a work out when the BF goes to work this afternoon.

LexeesMama
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

well my normal weigh-in day is Tuesday but the scale was screaming at me (lol) I'm down to 231!! yay!

LexeesMama
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Measurements as of today: 

Chest: 50 in.

Waist: 50.75 in.

Hips: 51in.

Arms: 13.75 in.

Thighs: Right - 27, Left 26.5 in.

Big Big Big and Big lol!

LexeesMama
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Breakfast was MG Peanut Butter Cheerios. 

Haven't started the poster yet. We're all kinda having a lazy weekend. I need to get my butt in gear. 

I also found out my step mom started weight watchers. kinda cool we can keep each other in check. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)