Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Hey everyone, I'm Kelly. 

Starting weight: 239lbs

Current Weight: 234lbs

Plan I'm on: 1st time Weight Watcher's Online member. 

Goal Weight: 140lbs 

I began WW on January 15, 2013. I'm enjoying the program more than I thought I would because I reallly wasn't too excited about doing points and such but the online version is so easy and pretty much you can find food values for every single thing you eat. 

I normally wouldn't have paid for a program because there are obviously other ways to lose weight without spending money but I needed something structured and to sort of hold me accountable. I have already become very conscious of what I'm eating and plan my meals ahead of time instead of just winging it like I used to. This is also great for my BF and my daugther as they are also eating healthier with me, not so much by choice lol but they aren't complaining. 

I haven't put many restrictions as far as what I'm eating but I notice I'm not eating as many sweets, i'm cutting down on soda (I Love my Dr. Pepper). 

I haven't begun a routine workout yet just focusing on eating healthy and praying for a little warmer weather. 

Due to my and BF's work schedule I don't do the gym so I have to find some exercises at home that aren't going to bore me to death. 

I'm excited to share my story and hope to inspire and be inspired by all of the awesome moms on here! 

My actual weigh-in day will be on Tuesdays. And I plan to add measurements and pics as soon as I get some. 

Weigh-in progress: 

01/29/13 - 231

02/05/13 - 228

02/12/13 - 227

02/19/13 - 228

02/26/13 - 228

03/05/13 -226

04/16/13 - 231

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Replies (21-29):
LexeesMama
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Today is weigh-in day! I've lost 1lb since last week. Doesn't seem like much but I'll take it. I've reached my 5% milestone. 

I've finally finished cleaning out my spare room so now I have a space to workout when i can't get outside. 

LexeesMama
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Got off track for about a week but I'm getting back with it in the morning. Only gained a pound in the meantime; not worried about that. I'm getting my motivation back. 

LexeesMama
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Another Weigh-in and I've lost another 2 lbs YAY! I wasn't expecting that because I haven't been on my best this past week or so. I'm trying to find the motivation to keep on track. Luckily my birthday is next month so I'm setting a goal to lose 5 lbs by then!!! Also since this group is having a journaling contest that's pretty motivating!! Hopefully I can journal more as I've been super busy with work and kid stuff!! 

So far today I've had Special K chocolate strawberry cereal. I forgot my snack at home so I'm a bit hungry at the moment but lunch isn't for another 40 minutes at least. Probably going to grab some Subway...might even make it a salad!! 

LexeesMama
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Last night I had Thai Fried Rice with Chicken and for dinner we had beef tacos. I stayed within my point allowance so that's def a plus. 

LexeesMama
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:43 AM

So far today I've had a bowl of Special K Ch. Strawberry and a Fiber One Protein Bar the Coconut Almond one is yummy! 

We've started our "Biggest Loser" at the office today. Only 4 ladies are participating but it's movitating anyway so we'll see how we do!!! 

LexeesMama
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Had some spinach chicken burgers for dinner they were so yum!! Finding more healthy foods that I actually like and can make easily. DD liked it too but she's not a picky eater anyway. I have to start keeping better track of my points. Started slacking on that but at least I'm still conscience of what I'm eating and not overdoing it. 

LexeesMama
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:08 AM

Falling off track a bit recently!!! No bueno!

LexeesMama
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:29 AM

Ok well I've gained a little bit of weight back but I re-started using the WW points tracker this morning. It's a start (again) but I've got to get back to this or I'll just be starting from the beginning all over again. I've done great so far and I need to continue this. 

Ebonyjewel28
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
This is awesome! Great job!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN