Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Help!!! I need real help...

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:20 AM
  • 22 Replies
I haven't been active in this group for awhile but I'm back. I had our last baby girl 10.11.12 to compleate our fab 5. Now that Gabriella is here I'm exclusively breast feeding but I NEEEEED to get this weight off of me. In this last week alone I've changed my eating habits and started going to the gym. I have already noticed my milk increase and all but here is where I need help...I'm hungry!!! Like I'm always needing something to eat. I'm never full and idk how to eat and what to eat to make and keep me full. Any suggestions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilrockerMama
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:21 AM
Protein, drink a glass of water, snack on nuts or veggies every couple of hours.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AmyD43
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:30 AM
Protein shakes help me a lot. Everytime I'm hungry I have one. Fat free milk, scoop protein powder and fruit or peanut butter or some other flavor. Yummie!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Make sure you're having protein and/or fiber each time you eat.  Those will keep you full.  Drink plenty of water as well.  Congrats!

estrada_m0mmy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:11 AM
My husband got me protein powder but it says not to use if nursing...so idk if its safe or not for the baby.

I've been having a "protein shake" in the morning.
1 frozen banana (I peel and cut them fresh then freeze so I don't have to he's ice)
1tbsp Peanut butter
1tbsp Chocolate Nesquick sugar free mix
1C Almond milk

Then I've been doing 30-45 minutes on the eliptical (sp?). Then I'm starving when I get home. I will have 1/2 a cup of oat meal and so on but the small windows of time in not eating I'm starving. According to my fitpal I should only be eating 1200 calories a day.

Quoting AmyD43:

Protein shakes help me a lot. Everytime I'm hungry I have one. Fat free milk, scoop protein powder and fruit or peanut butter or some other flavor. Yummie!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taniamorse85
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:02 AM

My Fitness Pal puts a lot of people who use it at 1200 calories, regardless of their actual caloric needs.  That's probably why you're so hungry.  You should get one of us to calculate your BMR to figure out how many calories you really should be eating.  We need your age, weight, height, and number of days per week you work out.

Quoting estrada_m0mmy:

My husband got me protein powder but it says not to use if nursing...so idk if its safe or not for the baby.

1 frozen banana (I peel and cut them fresh then freeze so I don't have to he's ice)
1tbsp Peanut butter
1C Almond milk

Then I've been doing 30-45 minutes on the eliptical (sp?). Then I'm starving when I get home. I will have 1/2 a cup of oat meal and so on but the small windows of time in not eating I'm starving. According to my fitpal I should only be eating 1200 calories a day.

Quoting AmyD43:

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:14 AM
2 moms liked this
Whoa, 1200 calories is WAAAAYYYYY too few!!!! Even if you weren't breastfeeding, that's not enough, and you need a minimum if 1800 calories, BARE MINIMUM. We'll calculate your actual calorie needs if you'll post that info for us. No wonder you're so hungry!! I was starving the whole time I nursed, and I made the mistake of caving every time I wanted to eat and gained 40 lbs or so. Don't do that!! LOL!
Stay away from the protein powders while nursing (and, really, in general). There is plenty of protein in foods. Smoothies tend to leave me hungry in an hour, anyway.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
estrada_m0mmy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:49 AM
I'm 28, 227lbs, 5'5, and I've been working out about 4x a week when I can.
Quoting taniamorse85:

My Fitness Pal puts a lot of people who use it at 1200 calories, regardless of their actual caloric needs.  That's probably why you're so hungry.  You should get one of us to calculate your BMR to figure out how many calories you really should be eating.  We need your age, weight, height, and number of days per week you work out.

Quoting estrada_m0mmy:

1tbsp Peanut butter

1C Almond milk

Quoting AmyD43:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
estrada_m0mmy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:51 AM
I don't remember being this hungry the other 4x I nursed. So it's "odd" to me to feel like this BUT I also think its because I WANT to drop the lbs now this time around. Ya know?

Quoting musicpisces:

Whoa, 1200 calories is WAAAAYYYYY too few!!!! Even if you weren't breastfeeding, that's not enough, and you need a minimum if 1800 calories, BARE MINIMUM. We'll calculate your actual calorie needs if you'll post that info for us. No wonder you're so hungry!! I was starving the whole time I nursed, and I made the mistake of caving every time I wanted to eat and gained 40 lbs or so. Don't do that!! LOL!

Stay away from the protein powders while nursing (and, really, in general). There is plenty of protein in foods. Smoothies tend to leave me hungry in an hour, anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taniamorse85
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Your BMR is 2,030.  No wonder you've been so hungry!  Since you are breastfeeding, you should add 500 calories to your BMR, making it 2,530.  To maintain your weight while working out 3-5 days per week, you'd need 3,922 calories.  To lose one pound a week while breastfeeding, you should eat 2,530-3,422 calories per day.

I'm pretty sure I've gotten the calculations right, but if anyone notices errors I made, feel free to correct me!

Quoting estrada_m0mmy:

I'm 28, 227lbs, 5'5, and I've been working out about 4x a week when I can.
Quoting taniamorse85:

Quoting estrada_m0mmy:

1tbsp Peanut butter

1C Almond milk

Quoting AmyD43:

AmyD43
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:33 AM
I ate them during my entire pregnancy and while breast feeding. I eat 80-100 grams of protein a day. I use my fitness pal too but I harly go over for the fat or carlories. Just eat high protein and you will automatically loose weight and this will keep calories low.

If I feel like I need more then the shake breakfast I add yogurt, or lite bread and peanut butter.

Quoting estrada_m0mmy:

1tbsp Peanut butter

1C Almond milk

Quoting AmyD43:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN