Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New Year Weight Loss Challenge Day 22: Run, Run, As Fast As You Can!

Welcome to Day 22 of the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!

Run, Run, As Fast As You Can!

Running is one of the most important and natural exercises you can do to lose weight and get fit and healthy!
Running is an excellent form of cardiovascular exercise. Running also strengthens your muscles, reduces the risk of Type 2 Diabetes, burns fat and calories, strengthens your lungs, increases your stamina and boosts  your energy levels.
Whether you trot, jog or run anyone can do it. From Couch to 5k (C25K) for beginners to Marathon training for old pros, there is a running program/regimen for all levels of fitness.

Do you run for exercise or fitness?
Do you enjoy running?
Have you done any running program like the C25K before? Are you willing to try it?

happy new year One member who signs up for our New Year Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will be chosen to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign up for the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Replies (201-210):
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Ditto! I only run if I'm playing football! :)

Quoting mommajenn4684:

Omg I hate running lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlecolton07
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I ran alot in high school but I don't get very many opportunities to run since having kids. Once my youngest starts school this fall I will have more time to run.

mrsap2008
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:27 PM

i dont run i need to start at least jogging or something

Onmyown2727
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Use ti run, have bad knees now...LOL

redcarnelle
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:51 PM

I tried running and it was okay but now I just think I wouldnt be comfortable doing it with a stroller.  I don't think I could maintain good running posture.  It's okay, I like lots of other exercises.  : )

t1gger143
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:47 PM
My knees hate me for running. I like doing it though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Noooo!!! I hate running with a passion, so how about walking walkng as fast as I can, I don't mind fast paced walking even up and down a bunch of hills. I enjoy that, so that's what I do.

View Full Size ImageYVONNE

frankiesma530
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:47 PM
I hate running!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:07 PM

I do not enjoy running.

I do run.

I haven't tried c25k, although I did download the app. I run at the gym, primarily. The only reason I run, ever, is to train for softball season, so I can improve my sprint speed.

I prefer yoga and powerlifting.

ajandfour
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:05 AM

I used to run years ago .  .  .  before children.  I would rather bike than run.  Not so hard on my feet and knees.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)