Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I need some good breakfast ideas

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:26 AM
  • 21 Replies

I am not much of a breakfast eater. I usually just have a few cups of coffee and sometimes a bowl of cereal. I am looking for some quick, easy, healthy breakfast ideas.

Samantha, wife to Jason, mostly SAHM to James 3/9/05 & Bianca 12/23/06

knittingin lovebackpacklunchbag

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vi-girl
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Breakfast is tough for me too. I tend to do steel cut  oats ( I cook a weeks worth in the crock pot on the weekend and store them in the fridge, microwave in the morning) or a meal replacement shake. I really like an iced mocha one with cocoa powder and instant coffee granules in it, or a berry one.

jordynsmom08
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:40 AM

My newest obsession, but some think its gross lol is 2 pieces of toast with peanut butter and fried egg whites on top! Yum!

emilyrosenj
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:04 AM

A smoothie works for me, or a small bowl of rolled oats with raisins.  Then it doesn't feel like I'm eating so much.

My smoothie is usually 1/2 cup of soy milk, 1/2 cup of berries and a medium banana..

Mom2_Jimmy_Anka
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I never thought about smoothies. That is a good idea. I will have to try the toast and egg whites too.

DissieDothe
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:47 AM
2 moms liked this

There was a big list of breakfast food on Challenge Day 14. Some of them are really yummy!

smile4me2
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I do a protein shake in the morning, consist of 

Almond Milk, sprinkle cinnamon, 1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract, 1 tbsp of flax seed (powder form) ,1 banana and or frozen berries, and my protein powder 

if I don't feel full I'll have a little bit of nonfat plain yogurt w/ some berries. 

good luck on your journey!

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Fruit with yogurt
Oatmeals with nuts and raisins
Toast , omelets and fruits.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smile4me2
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:27 PM

for a smoothie use orange juice instead of almond milk - whatever's to your liking

simplyus642
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I usually make two egg whites with one slice of toast and a tsp of apple jelly plus a cup... or four of coffee. I want to change that eventually when I start learning more about shakes with fruit and how to make them.

rileysmommy229
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I make a wrap a lot of morning with 1 whole egg & two egg whites with tons of spinach and a little salsa and feta, on a whole wheat tortilla.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN